Testing seeds out for viability and if cured enough to sprout

So im testing some immature seeds to see what will sprout being this immature and some of 2 other strains to see if they are cured enough to grow yet.

1. Runtz second generation seed. Immature no tiger stripes but not tan either. Was 90% finished growing.
  2. Runtz x white caviar f3
  3. White Runtz x white caviar f3

Here is the 2nd gen immature Runtz seedling

Now here is the Runtz x white caviar

A roots picture.

And white Runtz x white caviar f3

This one just got a tail.

11 Likes

They sure look healthy to me. Far as I know as long as they germinate they are good to go.

6 Likes

So check this out. In my testing i have consistently seen a 4-6 days slower growth time than a fully developed seed would grow. A fully mature seed will be more vigorus to the point of being almost a week ahead in growth of vegetation than the other but be the same amount of vegging time. It will be just as good a plant just behind in the begining. But its a photo period seed so you have time.

7 Likes

Guess in short might be the reason why some plants start off slow then catch up do to immature seed. :facepunch:t2:

4 Likes

Ever see these auto guys talk about “well this one is a tiny compared to others” Possible could be the same in that instance although testing midget seeds that immature might be difficult for you since you have no auto seeds.
Just saying, :v:t2::sunglasses::v:t2::man_shrugging:
I don’t Jack with autos but I’m sure before I die I’ll have one to test :joy:

4 Likes

Oh I agree on that too @PreyBird1 the runts and light colored one always start out slower, but I have also had some of the slow starters turn out to be the best plants too.

4 Likes

Here’s the Runtz.

This is a white runtz x white caviar f3
Tranaplanted the purple cut of Runts x white caviar f3. But forgot to take a pic.

8 Likes

Interesting thread to watch! All good stuff my friend!

3 Likes

Here is the Purple cut. Runtz x white caviar f3

Then we have Runtz left. And white Runtz x white caviar f3 right.

9 Likes

Transplanted the Runtz.
And the last one.
White Runtz x white caviar f3 is hanging for a couple days. Then ill transfer it also.

7 Likes

Would you be able to use that green light in your pic in the tent towards end of flower? Amazon or ? Thanks.:+1: Great to see you getting back into it my friend! :v:

3 Likes

Yes the green light is for working in the dark. Without disturbing the flower sleep period.

4 Likes

I got it for watering when its lights out and for any spraying requiring lights off applications.

2 Likes

Does it put out enough light to do trimming etc ? Like you mentioned my lights out doesn’t match my preferred hands on time.

2 Likes

Yes actually it has 2 modes. Spot light and led bar. Its nice. It holds quite a long battery charge.

2 Likes

Good to be back at growing. Hope some of these new strains are good/great enough to keep.

4 Likes

Seed masta :v:t2::roll_eyes::v:t2:

3 Likes

Good to have you back.

3 Likes

Here is the white caviar x white Runtz.

Here is the Runtz. Its hard for me to water with one hand so 1x i let these get dried out too much. You’ll see in the leaves.

Getting nice roots. Time to transplant.

But all the seeds grew so thats great. I hope these are yummy crosses.

5 Likes

Ha ha haaaaa. New strains being sorted today. Yummmmmm! my most deep purple Runtz x white caviar f3

8 Likes