The Boveda Challenge

The instructions say use freshly harvested bud. They mean freshly dried, right? Ready to jar dried? Or do they mean fresh-fresh? I was going to write to the company and ask, but maybe you know?

4 Likes

Boveda suggests to dry it to close to target then seal the c vault w pack

4 Likes

It’s what I did anyway. Did you get one also @hoppiefrog?

3 Likes

The King Palm rollies are a nice novelty item imho.
It’s fun to smoke and burns well but I can roll two king sized reefers by the time it takes to fill one of those…

4 Likes

I just started using Bovedas over the summer, and only put them in jars that were months into curing.

For the specific instructions to this challenge, it says use “fresh cannabis flower”. What does “fresh” mean in regards to this challenge, I guess is my question?

3 Likes

Maybe @Dianna.Donnelly can answer this one since he is the original poster for this challenge.

4 Likes

No i didn’t get one i may have screwed up the application i didn’t know what to put in a s company…

3 Likes

Let us know I entered but I guess I didn’t get picked … but that’s my luck lol

4 Likes

Well, it seems to still be going on, so maybe try again? And for company, I just put my name…
@docee, it took a while before I got an answer, about 3 weeks I’d say.

3 Likes

@kapouic… I seen that it was still going on so that is just what I did

4 Likes

I never got an answer, just stuff delivered. :grinning:

4 Likes

I just received an email telling me to watch for the incoming package.

3 Likes

I got one and didn’t have a clue from where…lol… now @blackthumbbetty jogs my memory that yes I signed up here… but so long ago…lol…

4 Likes

To the company:
Good morning! I just received my kit and I love it. I am a month from harvest.

One question:
I just started using Bovedas over the summer, and only put them in jars that were curing.

For the specific instructions to this challenge, it says use “fresh cannabis flower”. What does “fresh” mean in regards to this challenge? Freshly dried & ready to jar? Freshly harvested? I am assuming it’s the former, but just wanted to clarify.

Thank you!

From the company:

Hi,
We would recommend freshly dried and cured, if Boveda is used before the plant is fully dried it may not work correctly. Thanks!!

Team Boveda

4 Likes

Btw, to me curing is what happens once you’re done burping daily. So, I guess I’ll start the challenge approximately 3-4 weeks after harvest, when the buds should be ready to be closed up for 14 days solid, sans burping.

I typically burp 2xdaily for 2 weeks, then once a day 3 days a week for 2 weeks, then decrease to once a week for 2 weeks, before stopping.

5 Likes

I agree… so after burping and curing it WILL when used properly keep your flower perfectly where you want based on you pack…I am 100% ok with boveda…they have never done me wrong…lol… but they should come with an indicator when they are spent…

4 Likes

Got a link for me to sign up, anyone?

There you go, good luck!

1 Like

This is SO helpful as I’m doing my first harvest and was contemplating buying Bovedas or something similar and wasn’t sure if it was necessary or not. Now I see it’s very helpful for the long term? Thank you!

1 Like