The Great Pot Monopoly

Someone sent me this article. Probably old news here. While I am not a fan of the magazine. I did find it to be an interesting read… I wonder who these guys are… :slight_smile:

The Great Pot Monopoly Mystery

3 Likes

Wow, that was a great read. Thank you for sharing @URBorganic!

We as a community see the writing on the wall. It is up to us to decide what to do now. We have a choice to work together as a community to make sure farmers and every in the chain stays profitable and prospering, and I think starting in this community and getting people talking about collaboration and sharing knowledge is a start.

2 Likes

I completely agree with you @Seshat.

Strength In Numbers

I think some consolidation is inevitable. We just need to make sure there is a thriving craft industry like there is for beer and wine, to give people an alternative to the equivalent of drinking Coors and Budweiser.

3 Likes

We have seen potential in this type of ecosystem as well. It is inevitable that the big boys take over, but we have a chance to create a system of supporting local smaller growers and have them be very profitable. People like craft beer because it’s usually way fucking better then Coors, and I assume we can do something similar with cannabis. Monsanto isn’t going to be offering all the strains, just the Top 5 most popular, so it is up to us to keep variety high and of the highest standard.

2 Likes

Coming soon to a dispensary near you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The real question is in the patents – do patents issued prior to federal legalization hold up in court?

The U.S. Government itself holds patents on cannabis products. http://www.denverpost.com/2016/08/28/what-is-marijuana-patent-6630507/

3 Likes