Thoughts on Moonrocks?

I operate in a medical state. I often see advertised sales of a product called “moon rocks.” Also known as “caviar”, these so-called “moonrocks” are buds covered with hash oil then dusted with keif. Sound scary? Get ready to travel to the dark side!

As a medical patient, I have a very hard time just figuring out the dose of a single moonrock…Any suggestions on proper dosing of moonrocks? Are any parents buying moonrocks for their sick kids?

I want to know what people think about moon rocks or caviar… Are you one of many @DispensaryOwners or @RetailCannaDeliv who sells moonrocks? How do they sell? What percentage of your sales are made of hybrid products like these?

Paging Dr. Zodiak…

1 Like

here in LA they go for like $50 - 1/8. they are really strong. i add a layer of hash to them aswell. make like a pie crust and wrap the rocks with them.
Also crytaline thc is pretty big out here as well.

1 Like

Our family has tried a few different kinds of these. In general, they were not terribly great. The flavor profiles are all messed up. The dosing is “high” but not as consistent as good vaporized flower or solid concentrates. Perhaps we just don’t have good things here in Colorado. We had similar issues with things in California. From a medical user perspective its just not consistent enough for our family.

Most of the dispensaries I have been two have one or two options of these available. Out of dozens and dozens of options of other things.

I wonder if other people have similar experiences to our family. Dosing, flavor, and consistency are important to us. Its no good if you are expecting medicine and get something else completely. :frowning:

2 Likes

Seems like it’s mostly a ploy to move lower quality bud/keif/oil at a premium.

5 Likes

Exactally this. Same with what @gabriel said. they are selling D grade product for A+ price.

1 Like

I don’t trust any kief like that. They could be coffee grinding B.C.'s stem and all.
If your dry flower is really good you wouldn’t want that crap on it. Not me.

3 Likes

I loooooooove moon rocks!!! I just take slices off the rock to put in a bowl. As far as dosage, since it’s combustible, I’d say you’d want to know more about the THC and other cannabindoids.

1 Like

Yeah i already know. Some growers might not grade their product. I do. I have A+ down to D. anything below that is trashed. you can bet any moonrock product is D grade. If you flower is good. no need for this. If you want high THC then go concentrate. This is totally screwing the customer. Now if you want to make your own, from products that are top shelf. Cool go ahaead. But really its a waste of products and money. You can only get so high. Ive never done dabs or any of that. Thirty years of smoking and only ever smoked joints. Not even blunts. they are discusting.

2 Likes

I think this is a dumb ass idea after I’ve been educated on how thc boils off at certain temps. Then I think also why were concentrates and the utensils to consume and manufacture them hit the market. This is a great deal for the seller, but a ignorant mistake for consumers. You can’t really vape them without a mess, so no one will. I’ve tried in my volcano before and it was a nasty situation. It would be stupid to make it an edible situation, therefore the only way is to combust. My cannabis always comes out looking like they have been dusted in kief, and that’s trimmed.

1 Like

Yeah I’d say avoid these products. Unless you’re a shop owner. People will buy them. But as a user I can say “it’s gonna be a pass from me dawg” :joy_cat:

2 Likes