Thrips. Best help

Yeah I still have a small bucket of that Spinosad crap laying around, thank god its not needed often, stinks to high heaven…I really do wish the original poster the best of luck but at the end of the day I haven’t seen anything less-drastic than a reset and disinfect to really stop the infestation…I went thru the predator bugs, all manner of sprays and insect traps, carefully wiping every leaf, etc and the best I was able to do is kinda-sorta fight it to a truce of sorts. It didn’t get worse but still hosed my grow; took tearing it all down and scrubbing each thing that went back into the tents (including the tents themselves) with bleachwater…and if it makes a difference I had a continuous grow going too, though it was with regular plants not that it matters.

My disastrous attempt to send one insect army in after another one already entrenched behind enemy lines. All of the death, the destruction of plants, the horrific midnight plant assassinations…something had to be done. I was desperate. Sending poor young (Ladybug) men in, no KIDS in to certain death required the resolve of a bent mind indeed. And stupid. Something I did killed the Ladybugs before they had a chance to really go to war. Growing cannabis when you have dementia isn’t all fun and games you know…

6 Likes

Really it’s a matter of being very thorough and effective.if you don’t kill them completely they turn into super soldiers u just can’t kill.so start with the right fix and kill them all ( takes 2-4 weeks) spraying every 3rd day. I have got rid of around 20 infiltrations with no issues at all

3 Likes

Get more Dr Zymes. Stuff is unbelievable and you can use it all the way through, if need be.

Harder getting it for myself now that the border is closed

Make sure you spray everywhere and get under the leaves: Spray lights off too

Packee

3 Likes

@oldguy it def is save in flower. I’ve used it recently and didn’t notice anything or any residual tastes

Packee

2 Likes

@phatjr. Here’s the full application instructions from the manufacturer.

And thank you @Packee for the reassurances on product use. :wink::+1::v:

3 Likes

The good news is they are not broadmites !
Thrips are quite vulnerable in the Larval stage, your probably going to need to spray to knock them down, most of the “oil” type spays will help. There’s tons of different products for thrips at your supply store and they all work …a little.
You will need to begin using beneficial’s, making them part of your normal protocol.
Here are some links to top notch suppliers with awesome tech support, they will set you up with a very good program
https://www.plantproducts.com/us/products.php?id=45

5 Likes

@oldguy cheers!! Wish we had a supplier in :canada: stuff is liquid gold

Packee

2 Likes

the good Dr Zymes is good to use once a week thru all stages including flowering

1 Like

does anyone have experience with European corn boarers? Moth larva?

There’s some good info at this site Hemp Insect Fact Sheets - Hemp Insect
Dipel is the #1 tool used against most caterpillars and worms, there are some biologicals as well.

Good Luck
DM

1 Like

you do check out Plant products

they also handle biologicals