Time to flower! My first photoperiods

Hello all!

So I wanted to do some updates from older posts about my plants and start a flower journal for my two indoor girls…
I have two strains going: Dinamed CBD plus and Purple Orange CBD from Dinafem seeds. All of my plants were germinated May 1st and started indoors. I decided to take 2 of the 4 (one cbd plus and one purple orange cbd) plants out of my indoor tent and put them outside.
My indoor tent is 24x48 and about 5 1/2 feet tall so I am doing my best to keep the plants low a wide.
All plants are planted in fox farm ocean forest soil (my hydro store sells the bags very cheap) and the base nutrients are Ph perfect micro, grow, bloom. The only other nutrient I will be using is big bud due to my tight budget. Tomorrow I plan to flip the light schedule from 18/6 to 12/12 and flower these girls and could really use any advice and guidance anyone has to offer! Uploading: 978B7EA3-E4AA-4E68-922A-897E59D19370.jpeg… Uploading: DDC6D2A0-C110-4B93-836A-9723BE4CB6E0.jpeg… Uploading: 03F16438-D7EA-404F-A335-6D08306C29A6.jpeg… Uploading: 30AE33D7-395F-4EFD-9642-30B44ED24E7D.jpeg… Uploading: 313E4624-A13C-40D4-A1C9-5283233BAFB2.jpeg… Uploading: BFE0DD8E-04C1-40AA-BD52-922AB386B27B.jpeg… Uploading: 0274D074-74EA-4D53-B506-8BE21859C378.jpeg…
@missiles

~Open up man it’s Dave
…Dave’s not here man

7 Likes

10 Likes

C’mon Dave where are you? Lol

It looks like your pictures didn’t want to upload. Sometimes if there is a space in front or something they won’t upload correctly. Or you can maybe try reloading them :wink:

4 Likes

Okay so the plants are a little droopy today because I was a little late on the feedings… the first two pictures are my outdoor cbd plus which went through a nute burn when she was young but recovered fairly well. The next two are the outdoor purple orange cbd that flowered very early for some reason… some seem to think it’s and auto but it came in the same bag as my other photos, we will just have to see during the smoke! The rest of the pictures are my indoor girls. On the left is my Dinamed cbd plus and on the left is my Purple Orange CBD

4 Likes

Wow they look great :star_struck: you’re doing a great job with them!

4 Likes

Sorry! I re uploaded them hopefully you can see now

5 Likes

How are you liking the FFOF so far? That’s what i have been using

4 Likes

I don’t mind it! I’m still learning how to work with it for these two strains seeing as I will probably grow these two types for a year or so… I almost lost one of these plants from over feeding when the soil was still a little too hot. Overall though I’m pretty happy with it! Might switch over to coco in my next grow to compare… how long have you been using it for??

4 Likes

I’ve used it for my last four grows, I even used it for clones lol after they were old enough to put in the pots. You’re right the key is learning not to overfeed with that soil. I always just water with pH water until the runoff PPM come low enough to feed. But it looks like you have figured it out because your girls look amazing!

I have one more big bag of ocean Forest left after that I’m thinking of trying coco myself. I’ll just have to get used to feeding them a lot more than I would now haha

5 Likes

Thank you! I have only been growing as a hobby since the beginning of the year so I have a lot to learn! Read and research everyday and read everyone’s posts from here as much as I can. Lots of very smart growers on the forum!

5 Likes

That’s how I learned a lot of what I did was by reading and researching. You have a very good start I can’t get over how great them plants look :wink: if you need anything at all just let us know there are plenty of other Growers here to help if anything comes up.

4 Likes

He seems to be everywhere at once…but yet no where at all…

7 Likes

I am everything that is and nothing at all🤔

8 Likes

Lol that was a flashback!

4 Likes

A blast from the past man :wink:

3 Likes

A little update! I am on day five now since the flip and still no signs of flowering. Plants are still growing nice and filled out the tent a little more. I do worry about the stretch getting too close to the lights but that’s a problem for another day… these indoor babies are now taking their full dose of base nutrients: ph perfect micro, grow, bloom and seem to be very happy with the ppm.

My outdoor purple orange that is flowering looks like she’s starting to add a bit of weight but not a whole lot of difference in the week… I feed her the last dose of full base nutes and big bud in a couple of days and will only feed base nutes for a couple weeks or so before flushing with “flawless finish” and RO water…

My outdoor cbd plus seems to be growing at a healthy rate, she’s feeding at full dose base nutes and seems to be happy. Found a few leaves that seem to have been lunch for these tiny worm/caterpillar bugs…

5 Likes

Yes I agree they all look really good! Nice and healthy color to them. And that pool looks very refreshing :grin:

2 Likes

Thank you. The pool is great! The deck needs a paint job but that’s not happening this year… do you have anything currently growing??

2 Likes

Not at the moment. I am on hiatus right now lol I’ll be starting the tents back up in September. It is a nice little break :wink:

4 Likes

Heat issues? I almost had to take the summer off too

4 Likes