Time to grow again

So I just dropped 6 more seeds … unfortunately once again all bag seeds… hoping next grow will be something that is of some good genetics or at least a name other than bag seed lol

I have them in different cups because I think i will be feeding them differently… maybe but just in case i will keep them in pairs… more to come

14 Likes

You never know. It might be great

7 Likes

Yes fingers crossed… I know 100% more then I did this last grow… So just on that i hopefully will have better yeilds

8 Likes

If you need help my door is always open.

5 Likes

thanks man I am readin up on VDP right now

5 Likes

Im the resident know it all. Some people don’t like the fact I can answer almost any question and do.

6 Likes

hey the fact that you can and do makes me feel better lol…
that being said
Should i be more worried about the over all temp and RH in the tent or just at the canopy…

4 Likes

In your early stage warm and humid is desired. As you progress through the life cycle. Both are a big comcern

4 Likes

If you wouldn’t mind would you expand on why the overall rh and temp and then at canopy level are both important? What is difference between the 2 and why they’re both a concern?
Thanks!!!

4 Likes

@MK3_Pharms… quick question I believe it was you that I seen post about the caldron having enough nutrients for the first week or so…
I ask because I know that you have to buffer cocco but I plan on high frequency fertigation… once I get into the seedling stage so I am wondering if I would need to buffer the cocco

2 Likes

Here is a good read. I usually just add calmag at first.

4 Likes

Yes good read thanks

4 Likes

I thought I was excited to start my 1st … I hope I get this feeling the start of every crop

Thanks for encouraging and entertaining me by following … it’s like have the best corner in a fight just listen to what they say and fight your fight

7 Likes

@Tygrow78 you need to know the temperature of the air that is closest to the leaves. It’s the difference between the temp/humidity inside or just on the surface of the leaf, and the temp/humidity of the air that is blowing across the leaf’s surface.

VPD is a measure of the difference, or deficit like the D in Vapor Pressure Deficit, of the leaf and it’s environment. The bigger the deficit between the leaf and the wind, the faster the leaf can transpire and move water and nutrients up from the roots. Imagine if you were 100% wet, like you just got out of a pool or steam sauna (100% RH like the inside of a leaf), and stepped outside into a wind. If it’s a hot and dry wind you’ll dry off a lot faster than if it was a cool and humid day. The deficit between the surface of your wet skin (the leaf) is greater (higher VPD number) when the air is hot and dry. This is also true if we keep the air dry but change the temperature. The deficit is greater when the temperature is higher.

Wind is another important factor. Step outside with wet skin on a cold, windy, higher RH day and you might actually dry off faster than on a hotter, dryer day that had a slower wind. Wind affects leaves in the same way.

8 Likes

Good luck! I’m sprouting 5 seeds myself . Why bag seeds, just curious.

1 Like

@oldtxjoe that’s what I have
Fingers crossed my secret Santa has been watching :wink::wink: lol

1 Like

Maybe he has, are you in the USA?

Thank you @devjyarn for explaining that. Very informative!

4 Likes

Yes I am… the good old empire state

Well, merry Christmas, I’m 60+, somewhere 6-7 years ago I caught the growing / hobby bug. Long story, some of it sad but I’m still here and being somewhat of an impulsive buyer I face the realization that there is no possible way I’ll grow all the seeds I’ve accumulated. Unless I live to135? Lol. Mostly fems and autos, never got ito the Reg seeds. I’ve listened too the old school guys who like regs but to me , limited time, space, and growing for mostly myself, I went the fem and auto route. But I have some reg seeds that sometimes came as freebies. Feel free to write me @ Mikesrkx Gmail. Maybe by your next grow you will have a few new choices.

7 Likes