Tissue Culture: An Alternative Propagation Method

These are the kinds of methods that basement cannabis breeders seem to be completely unaware of, and there’s a lot more where this came from. It seems that most breeders happen across a halfway decent male to cross everything with, and then call themselves professionals… I’ve heard faint rumors of people at least using inbred lines to exploit hybrid vigor, but I honestly don’t trust anything until someone can walk me through their breeding program (this is usually where the conversation ends since no real program is actually being used).

Have you come across many/any breeders that are using legitimate numbers and strategies? I’m not saying they’re not out there, I just haven’t come across a single one yet… I would love to know what you all have seen out there as well.

3 Likes

Very true! I would have/ had the same problem with Viola oderatera. I just gave up on growers telling me that they had something new.

I think, I would want to inbreed lines soo badly.

I really want to play with the polyploidy of some of the existing lines.

I see in some pictures on the site that the unusual flower shapes and strange stems. Real monsters. I would love to bet that it was a natural spoart with a change In ploidy. I know the it has identified in hopps that they are easy to manipulate the ploidy. I can grab the reference if you want.

3 Likes

I am listening intently and reading.
Thanks Nick

8 Likes

What’s the book?

ISBN please

3 Likes

Here you go:

• ISBN-10: 1604692065
  • ISBN-13: 978-1604692068
6 Likes

Some more details on the possible future of cannabis tissue culture by Dark Heart Nursery, on our blog.

2 Likes