To the packaging for retail threads

As a hobbyist grower I don’t need packaging on a large scale… But as a consumer I tend to find glass jars are very appealing to people and keep your flowers fresh… Some dispensaries here in southern California even have recycling programs… 10 used jars = 1g of flower bags just get thrown away not recycled which in return is hurting our environment… On a marketing scale I truly believe jars(not the plastic containers that look like medicine containers) are the way to go for any retail company… If there were recycling insentives for people I think it would make this type of packaging ideal for the industry!

1 Like

The retailer would just have to get set up with inventory, labeling, product and a recycling/sterilization center but in the long run your overhead costs will decrease overtime once marketing and advertising (with a little insensitive of course, just like recycling aluminum or cardboard or glass at the local recycling center)… So in a sense once your recycled jars are processed through sterilization your costs of constantly buying new ones will decrease… It’s cost effective and simple process to sterilize and reuse this type of packaging but the consumers will want something in return as always hence the incentives

1 Like

I like your thinking. Happy 420

1 Like

Anywho I think it would be a good idea. I have those pill bottle looking ones just piled up and just want to throw them away. The few glass jars I have on the other hand are in my curing rotation. I would trade them in for a g or pre roll when I want something different to smoke. But I live in Fresno County and the city hasn’t allowed sale unless it’s medicinal but you can still grow and posses it lol

1 Like

See your recycling the glass jars :wink::call_me_hand:… The plastic ones get tossed… I’m telling you it’ll change a business in packaging… A g costs pennies to a manufacturer/retailer… A good steamer/washer just like the ones you see at a restaurant in the back kitchen will work… Removal of old labeling would be the hardest part but still not that hard lol… The first dispensary I ever tried after I got my medical rec used jars for there product… I’ve always thought of bags as buying on the street style lol… Glass jars are professional and eco friendly if recycled correctly…whether the state is medical only or both it’s just beneficial to both parties (consumers and retailers)

There is a 3M citrus cleaner works that works real well for removing any type of adhesive. I’d agree about the bags. I still have some old coin bags from ten+ years ago buying nickle and dimes in high school.