Too Much of a Good Thing 🤔

Can there be too much beneficial microbes,bacteria, enzymes and fungi in a person’s grow medium?

3 Likes

I wouldn’t think it would be a problem. As long as there was enough food for them.

4 Likes

I agree with @covertgrower. There’s only so much that can survive based on their ability to find food and if the environment is appropriate for them. So no and yes. You can add them in like crazy without hurting anything but after a certain point you’re just wasting time and money. If they have all they need they’ll multiply and keep going. Same goes for predatory insects. If they’ve got food they’ll stick around and keep the population growing. If not they’ll either eat each other, die, or leave the area. But with the microbes over time after they die off from lack of food the bad stuff can start coming back rather quickly. That’s why you add them every so often. I don’t think there’s any reason to add them at every feeding though. That’s just opinion though.

4 Likes

Much good isn’t good - a bulgarian short story

5 Likes

I am going to say yes. If you have so much of that stuff that you don’t have any actual dirt, then it would be too much. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I’m just talking about the microscopic stuff that brings the mix alive :sweat_smile:

3 Likes