Transplanting my babies

Hey im a new grower and was wondering when i should transplant i have them in solo cups with holes for drainage i want to put them into 5 gal pots when should i do this?

4 Likes

Show us some pics! Welcome to the Growers Network.

You ever done a grow journal before? This room is your grow journal area. This is your room. Post all you want and we will join your grow and help out when needed.

•Starting with a support ticket will help strengthen your growing abilities. It will help you guide your next grows with prev data that you can build from.

4 Likes

This is a support ticket. Copy and paste it to your thread and fill it out to the best of your abilities. The community will help with any questions you may have.

Grow Journal Check List

Seedbank:
Strain (bagseed too):
Indoor, outdoor:
Tent, Room Size:
Lighting:
Light height:
Temps (day and night):
Relative Humidity (day and night) :
Added Air (fans, portable acs, heaters, dehumidifiers) :
Ventilation:
Pot sizes:
Soil, Coco, or Dwc:
Nutrient type:
Ph numbers:
Ec and PPM:
Water Temps:
Co2:

Seed germination date:
Veg duration:
Nutrient cycles (how often feed/water):

Fill this out. It will provide many more topics to discuss in your Thread/Room. You keep all your info in the one place. Every time you post in your thread, it goes to the top of the pile and you get more interactions.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum. New growers will find alot of help here for sure. My first grow i think I had the same question.

A good general rule of thumb, once the leaves start getting outside the rim of the cup its probably time. Some place them in clear cups and then the colored cups so you can see the root development and use this as an indication.

4 Likes

Hi @kidd420

Welcome to GN. Great advice above. My rule of thumb the faster you transplant into bigger pots the better, but you can also say once they get to 1 foot in size they need to be transplanted.

3 Likes

I 2nd @chrisj. I personally don’t transplant at all. I start in my 7 gallon pots. Mainly because I don’t like cleaning up the mess I always made inside transplanting.

4 Likes

That is the best method, if you have the space. Its saves on potentially damaging roots, and faster growth with no transplanting.

5 Likes

1 Like

The two smaller ones have been taking a long time to grow the others were fairly quick but keep in mind i have no idea what seeds are what

That’s exactly what I was looking for! Growmie

2 Likes

Geez you’re not giving your babies enough light they stretched like crazy , they look about ready but you should bury them deep enough that only 2-4 inches of base stem Is above soil it’ll help a lot with stability AND GIVE THEM MORE LIGHT

4 Likes

Yes when they first started growing i was using a light that wasnt strong enough for just one plant and they really stretched since i started just leaving them outside they started growing all the leaves

1 Like

Also thank you for the advice for the transplant im about to transplant them in a couple of hours will post photos of transplants

1 Like

2 Likes

Tall one was a clone

2 Likes