TreeTrunks Grow and Hash Thread

Is it ok to pour calibration liquid in a clean glass? It comes with little plastic cups I’m not sure if I can reuse them or if I should be trying to keep everything as sterile as possible. Going to let everything get back up to room temp and read the directions before I mess around with it. The PH meters seem so sensitive compared to ec meters. It should work to measure hypochlorous acid Ph as well? I think I can get the PH in a better range and get a little stronger more stable hypochlorous then what I’ve been doing so far.

8 Likes

Sure, the lab standard proceedure is to rinse everything with deionized water before reusing glassware.
I think a R/O or distilled water rinse would suffice.
Yes, I certasinly encourage you to pH all your HCO. You’re pH meter will work perfectly fine. Take that HCO down to pH 3.5 and you can rest assured you’ve done everything you can to produce, and keep your HCO active.

7 Likes

Thank you @TheMadFlascher . I was looking at nitrile gloves today, there are so many varieties. What kind of gloves are everyone using? I’ve been using black powder free nitrile FDA approved grease monkey 5 mill gloves but supply is getting harder to find since COVID and the price has gone up alot. There are a ton of gloves on Nitrile Gloves, Non-Latex Nitrile Gloves in Stock - ULINE.ca - Uline

Does the color really matter at all? Are any of these better for handling cannabis then others? The 2 mill definitely seem a little too thin and I’m not sure if textured gloves are good for trimming ect?

7 Likes

Got the next round of clones cut last night, Deleted scene on the left and hindsight on the right. RH is the room without the dome on, took it off for the pic and to let them breathe a bit there back in it now

10 Likes

Tree, color makes no difference whatsoever. I know while my stint as a ranch manager, my mechanics preferred the 4 mill blue nitrile gloves, and that’s what I bought them.

Latex gloves also work fine…it’s just that some people are allergic to latex, and my mechanics told me they tore easier than nitrile…LOL, I don’t know if that was legit or not…but I bought my people what they wanted if at all possible!!

11 Likes

Latex tears easy as hell and degrades quickly if stored, nitrile is where its at, there’s some newer hybrid shit out that the GF brought home from her office, thinner and stronger and much more $. The Nitriles I have are “Black Mamba”, in black and orange, smooth and textured…so depending on tasks.
At home for dealing with hot peppers, I have blue and purple nitriles, perk of GF’s profession free gloves, brands are Criterion and Grape. I also use em for working on the car/truck/greasy/chemical/gas etc stuff.

9 Likes

I’m liking the PH pen alot so far definitely more accurate then the drops. I worked out a better recipe for the Hypochlorous acid then I was using before with it to. There’s still room for improvement with the recipe but it’s spending alot more time in the proper PH ranges during cycles then before.

10 Likes

Good for you…in cannabis production, pH accuracy is so important…
I just cringe when I see these guys using a $7 pH meter…and the drops are so OBJECTIVE !

I understand that a lot of growers are on a budget, but I put the priority for an accurate pH meter ahead of high dollar lights!

11 Likes

A friend forgot their pipe so I improvised lol

Made from the healthy deleted scene trunk

Edit: It’s actually made from a hindsight plant and not deleted scene. I thought the stem would burn but the resin in the bowl seems to be protecting it pretty well. It also hits alot nicer then I was expecting. There’s a glass screen in the bowl as well.

9 Likes

Wow really thats very interesting also. Im after the the bluelabs new plus meter because of the soil probe. I like it can test in any media and liquids. :+1:

10 Likes

. I got one works good I love it. :+1:t3::v:t3:

9 Likes

Lol hey it works. Did you drill the holes? Thats what i would have tried lol!

8 Likes

Yes I drilled one for down the length and another 3 for the bowl. One smaller hole for smoke, one that’s not as deep but wider to fit the glass screen and another on top of the glass screen to make the bowl larger.

8 Likes

I’m thinking of getting a 55 gal barrel for mixing nutrients, I’m mixing 5-15 gal pretty much daily so it will save alot of time and effort mixing larger baches. I want to aerate/mix it with a pump with venturi fittings but I’m not sure what size pump I need, does anyone know approx how many Gph I should be aiming for?

6 Likes

I got a 44 gal food safe brute container to mix the nutrients in. I’m using a 400 Gph pump to mix and aerate at the moment. The venturi fitting it comes with does technically work but it’s not enough to aerate the container by itself. I’m pumping the water through some 3/4 tubing to above the water line and using that to aerate in addition to the venturi the pump came with

6 Likes

I’m mixing up 15 gallons to start

8 Likes

Why dont you try one of those aero mixer pumps? There not cheap so you know but they look cool in there videos! Or just an air stone/wall or discs whatever. It will work fine.

5 Likes

@PreyBird1 I ordered an air pump that can handle more depth then the ones I’m using now to see how that works. I might still end up buying the floraflex version of the areopump. They have the same HP and a venturi but are a bit more affordable. I’ve heard that they can both raise the res temp pretty high if there run constantly. They look like they would be great for mixing though

6 Likes

Cement shoes getting chopped

14 Likes

Man shes thick and chunky. Wow i should grow some cement shoes because i got a couple packs. And another one i cannot think of atm?

12 Likes