Trichomes is she ready?

Does she look ready?

2 Likes

That graph is a quote of @missiles in another thread.
For me, they look clear but soon to be ready. I would start flushing. But I might very well be mistaken, being a noob myself! I wonder what’s the opinion of the more experienced growers.

3 Likes

More…

3 Likes

Definitely!! Hairs are nice and orange and I even see an amber trichome in the bottom pic. She’s ready to go!!

3 Likes

Ready ! Every strain is different some are going too milky , some not . Usually we talk about clear-milky-amber , but if u observe the trichomes on weekly base with nice microscope you will see that they go from milky to clear first , check the trichomes in week 5-6 you will see all of them fully milky ,but without tall stalk just milky head . For me checking the trichomes doesnt work so well , i have been grown many strains and they dont all respond same . You can see when the bud is ready covered with brown pistils and swollen calyx , lot people wait for amber color on already ready to harvest plants with weeks , finishing with buds starting to decay !

3 Likes

They look a bit on the clear side in this photo. Personally I’d give it another week and look again but meh, everybody is different. Still looks a little under done to me.

2 Likes

Yeah bodies of them are translucent will wait another week. Buds are firm tho!

1 Like

They are NOT ready. Too clear. I read others say wait a week. My buddy used to say when you think its done wait another week. Hahaha hopefully this helps. Let them get more color in those heads. Its not the amber you want to look for like people say. Not all gens will get amber. You want as many milky heads as possible. Watch the heads for popping. When they start to pop your on the down side of things. You Don’t want that. I have learned of you harvest early its more body less head feal, if late its more heady less body feel, at the rote time you hit both. Hint of a secret for you. When you decide to harvest. Turn the lights off so they wont flip on the next day. Let them sit til next day with out even fans blowing on then if you can. Then 1-3 hrs into when tHe lights should of come on is when you chop them down. I cut fans off, set aside, then trim for hash, then cut and hang. Good luck.

1 Like