Troubleshooting For New Growers

Hello, I created this thread in order to discuss any issues new growers might come across. I personally started my first grow and would like to discuss how to grow more efficiently. I started a grow with a random seed, so im not sure exactly what strain it is. I am growing indoors and I am using a grow tent thats 47 1/2 " X 23 7/8 “. I am not sure exactly how large my room size it, however it’s about 10x the size of the grow tent or more. I have a standard LED light that came with the grow tent and I have it about 20 1/2 " above my plant. The temperatures that I have set during the day ranges from 74-79 degrees and at night the Temperature averages around 70-74 degrees. My humidity ranegs from 55-70 degrees both day and night. I have a single fan blowing from the ground toward the plant and a warm mist humidifier inside my tent as well. I have the flap on my grow tent open at all times to help ventilation accompanied with the AC Infinity 4”. My pot size is a 1 Gal, which I just transferred my plant 2 weeks ago. I am using fox farm grow big but have only used it in 1 feeding a day ago. I have not checked the PH of my soil but I did alter the PH of my water(6.5). I started my germination on March 17th and I have been in veg for two weeks now. Started to realize that I may have fed my plant too much water so I took a few days off to allow the soil to dry. Now I am on a feeding schedule of every 2 days with with grow big added every other feeding. I have noticed my plant has become stagnant in growth with spots developing on one of the leaves and an early development of spots on another. I see drooping, however, I am not sure if this is an issue or I am just being paranoid. Please Help.

3 Likes

@Slym3r might ba good idea to pin that check list I’ve seen on this thread. Unless done elsewhere :grin: or whoever has it…

4 Likes

1 Like
4 Likes

Grow Journal Check List

Seedbank:
Strain (bagseed too):
Indoor, outdoor:
Tent, Room Size:
Lighting:
Light height:
Temps (day and night):
Relative Humidity (day and night) :
Added Air (fans, portable acs, heaters, dehumidifiers) :
Ventilation:
Pot sizes:
Nutrient type:
Ph numbers:
Ec and PPM:
Water Temps:
Co2:

Seed germination date:
Veg duration:
Nutrient cycles (how often feed/water):

Fill this out. It will provide many more topics to discuss in your Thread/Room. You keep all your info in the one place. Every time you post in your thread, it goes to the top of the pile and you get more interactions.

4 Likes

Your going to want to get a comfy couch and read lots of journals.

There is no one answer you will get that will help thoroughly. Growing is an art. You learn thru practice. You gain insight by building relationships by commenting on others threads and picking brains individually. Find a grow you want to grow like and make friends. Good luck on your grow. Can’t wait to see your lovely ladies.

7 Likes

That check list is fantastic lol

3 Likes

I updated my initial post, if you had any incite on the information I added.

3 Likes

You want a bigger pot. 1 gallon is going to yeild low. It is also why your seeing slow growth and water logging. It’s easier to manage with more soil.

Water by weight. Get used to how she feels wet, and how she feels dry. Keep a record each feeding and each watering. Should be around 2 feedings and a watering each week. Some don’t do watering intervals, I do and my smoke is always smooth. No dry coughing lol.

4 Likes

Journal is a great idea- don’t feel overwhelmed with information, just try to digest what you can. We all learn by making mistakes. Slym3r has been around a while and gives great info. just pay attention and read a lot, yes,A LOT!

3 Likes

Good thread to have!

1 Like