Trump's position on marijuana still unclear

It seems pretty clear to me that he’s still heavily influenced by the propaganda of the time and place of where he grew up. I don’t think any amount of evidence, quantitative or qualitative, is going to change his mind.

Looks like at least medical is safe for now, with the new budget:

1 Like

My only concern with this is that it leaves recreational wide open to prosecution. Since many growers grow for both recreational and medicinal, this could be used as a loophole for the DEA and/or Justice Department.

Some good lobbying going on. Hopefully they’ll get heard:

1 Like

Have to wonder if Jeff Sessions will continue his push with mandatory minimum sentences and his prevailing attitudes towards cannabis. The current storm of scandals surrounding the White House and Justice Department may derail any policies either of them were hoping for.

Concerns around a softer approach to putting the squeeze on cannabis with nitpicking all of the business regulations:

So far the uncertainty hasn’t stopped the money from pouring in:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-06-01/trump-casts-cloud-over-pot-industry-but-money-keeps-pouring-in

1 Like

Latest news:
https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2017-06-06/dojs-mysterious-marijuana-subcommittee

2 Likes

Jeff Sessions is on the war path again.

2 Likes

I hope Congress has the brains to tell him “lolno”. Just my professional opinion. :stuck_out_tongue:

More bad news - feds targeting ancillary businesses:

Honestly, the saddest thing about that is the violation of the Fourth Amendment. Without probable cause or direct evidence of use of the containers for cannabis, it should be considered an unlawful seizure.

Things are a bit different when it comes to importing goods. Customs rules trump everything when you’re bringing stuff into the country. I’m more irritated by the random border stops within US soil near the borders, which are clearly unconstitutional in my opinion.

1 Like

And a counter attack from congress vs Jeff Sessions:

1 Like

Hopefully Trump and Sessions are paying attention to this poll:

2 Likes

More sabre rattling from Sessions:

1 Like

Based on what I’m seeing from the political landscape, I don’t think Jeff Sessions will be around much longer. Trump has grown increasingly critical of him, and he might aim to fire him and replace him while Congress is out of session. That way Trump could get a new AG who could fire the lead investigator into the Russia scandal.

Needless to say, our politics is getting really, really weird.

2 Likes

Session’s letters to the the governors of various states where cannabis is legal:

2 Likes

Looks like things are turning around finally:

2 Likes

I think the large pushback he’s received and how entrenched cannabis has become have forced his hand. It’s one thing to push against drug cartels and individuals, it’s another beast to fight against large companies with corporate lawyers and state lawyers.