Tucson Az getting hot

I’m new here, hello everyone. Im on my 5th season and I’m in Tucson AZ and was wondering if anyone had any tips for out growing, especially flower stage for hot summer climates.

3 Likes

You need to check out @wow_arizona grows!!! Very good grower and great guy to boot!!

2 Likes

I use shade cloth, now that it is legal to grow and it is not necessary to hide it. Before, I chose spots that would provide afternoon shade as well as shade the base/pot (natural vegetation). Paint the pots a light color (I have to do mine this week!) There is an overhead sprinkler system installed, as well as ‘zones’ for irrigation. All are run through a multi-valve piece that can be programmed to run multiple cycles per day, so when the intense heat arrives, I can “make it rain” and lower the temp in the grow house.

6 Likes

Thanks for mentioning me!

3 Likes

Do you rain down or mist them?

Rain

Christopher Vincent

cj@wowarizona.org

Website

Hummingbird Camera

ON-SITE Weather

1 Like

thats a beautiful green house u built urself AZ Im here in Las Vegas dealing with the same problems finally moving indoors Good luck and be well

2 Likes

I do an indoor thing, too.

2 Likes

One of my kids lives in Vegas. When I visit him, I will drop a note to you.

1 Like

Pots painted! I wish I had a heat sensing gun, as the edges (purposely left black as heat anti-microbial barrier) and side have an absolutely huge temperature discrepancy.

4 Likes

I’m in Prescott Az area and grow in greenhouses one is just a 5x10 dog run with a 6ml plastic tarp over it. The other is a 10x12 greenhouse from Tractor Supply, FYI its a piece of crap. I had to do a tun of improvements to make it strong enough to handle the winds and monsoon season. When I first put it up the temps were getting way too high. On a 100 degree day it got 145 in there. I put a 3100cfm swamp cooler in it and a 30% shade cloth over the west side. Now on a hundred degree day it’s in the mid 90s. On cooler days I only have the fan running on the swamp cooler. I’m going to remove the shade cloth probably at the end of September.

5 Likes