Tuesday May 9th at 10am MDT - Ask Me Anything with Henry from Cannabis Big Data

:slight_smile: Yes, 100% agree with this response!

1 Like

Well, that was a real blast everyone, and thanks for all the great questions and wonderful engagement. Feel free to reach out to me at henry@CannabisBigData.co and let Nic & Nick know if you had a good time.

Looking forward to upcoming forum conversations, future AMA’s and more one-off connections online and offline with you all in the coming weeks and months!

4 Likes

Thanks for all the insight @henry! Have great day :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks Henry!

2 Likes

@henry Thank you for your time! That was a blast, so much knowledge downloaded in minutes. Congratulations on being our first of many AMA’s.

See everyone in the next AMA! Reply to this comment with what topics or people you would like to discuss in the next AMA.

1 Like

Thanks so much @henry - thanks for answering all the great questions! And thank you to everyone who ask questions.

If anyone wants to read more about Cannabis Big Data check out my visit with them at CanopyBoulder here:

1 Like

Hey all! Wanted to jump in here real quick. I’m the California Regional Director for BDS Analytics. @henry - I know you know Liz and Roy pretty well, so it’s nice to virtually meet you as well!

As Henry said, we are essentially the Nielson/NPD/IRI of cannabis, tracking what is happening at retail, at the point of purchase. We also field consumer studies focusing on the who and why behind the buy. If anyone has any questions about what we do and how we differ from CBD, I’m happy to answer. Feel free to reach out!

2 Likes

Welcome @tamar and thanks for jumping into the conversation!

3 Likes

Thanks for jumping in Tamar! Whew, glad I got that right and please feel free to correct me whenever I mis-speak on any front :smiley:

2 Likes

can your program receive data in the form of Microsoft Access or common delineated(spelling?) file? I am not the programmer. We manufacture packaging machines that make custom reports as they package.

2 Likes

Yup, absolutely. We can take Access or CSVs no problem. Reach out to me at henry@CannabisBigData.co and we can chat about what type of data your machines generate and how you’d like to visualize that for your clients.

2 Likes

Thought of another data question - do you have any trends around which strains have the best profit margins or sell the most volume?

1 Like

That’s a great question and @tamar at BDS would be best at answering that market level trending for specific strains or products

3 Likes

Hey Nicholas,

We are currently tracking strains by dollars, units, and average price, so we can absolutely provide insights on the top performing strains by volume. For example, in Colorado:

Profit margin tracking coming soon :slight_smile:

Feel free to post here or shoot me an e-mail at tamar@bdsanalytics.com if you have any more questions!

Cheers,

Tamar

3 Likes

Interesting - thanks for sharing that chart and looking forward to your profit margin tracking when it comes out.

2 Likes

Of course it’s Blue Dream. No wonder there’s so many people talking about it. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Some more data on strain popularity and sales:

sorry I missed this. I do have some questions I am curious about.

Feel free to add in any questions you have here. @henry is still on the community and I’m sure he’d be happy to answer anything he can.

@henry any data to support the fertility and grower mediums revenue for the industry? I am working on a business plan. I am self funded and about out of funds. I have plenty of people who want to invest. but its all a lot of work. I have studied soils a long time and have created products in a raw material form and a Ready to use formula. I know hydro ponic shops sell a lot. Whats the average renvenue stream for a fertilizer company? thanks henry

1 Like