Understanding [Horticultural] Lighting

Your brain scares me sometimes, Austin. I say that with love.

This was quite the well-reasoned and scientific post. Thanks for your continued research, my friend.

What are your thoughts on running a combination array of CMH and LED lighting, @LED_Cultivation?

4 Likes

Hah, ty :stuck_out_tongue:

It is my pleasure.

My thoughts? The possibilities send my mind racing. Iā€™d be interested in exploring that avenue. There could be synergy in combining CMH with LED. They both have certainly proven their worth in the garden thus far.

However, I donā€™t in this moment foresee such a combination in LED Cultivationā€™s future.

4 Likes

Certainly I did not expect you to incorporate CMH into your business trajectory, but I am glad to hear you do not completely forsake the concept of mixed lighting arrays as a potential benefit to consumers. I cannot overstate how great the combo has been for me in my grows over the years.

LED lighting can produce huge results. This is one monster bud we harvested last night grown entirely under LED

4 Likes

I donā€™t see CMH nor LED going away in the foreseeable future. They both have their place in the garden. Combining these technologies could result in a scenario which is simply preferable over purely running products from our line-up (i.e. in an environment where the greater heat produced naturally by CMH is a benefit rather than a detriment). As lighting for horticulture is so complicated, it is safe to presume there wonā€™t be a lighting monopoly per se.

I think CMH technology is one of the options that will remain alongside an optimized LED array product-line.

3 Likes

I will reply to your comment my friend. I have an extremely busy day here and have to be out of the office early today for some personal business. Also interested in possibly doing some testing with our 1000w de cmh. May be Monday before I get around to this. Have a great weekend my friend.

4 Likes