UPDATE 6/14: Treycer11 first grow

@deusoboy420 and @oldguy are growing autos… maybe they could chime in? :nerd_face:

5 Likes

@treycer11. I agree with @Tygrow78.
Just the bare minimum that are needed to get light to the bud sites.
Save the bigger cleanup till the 3 rd week of flower ( 21 days ) and then open up the underside.
By then most of the stretch is done and you’ll have a better idea on how the plant will develop and so you can see where the shaded larf buds will be. :+1::v:

7 Likes

I agree with @oldguy, you want everything done before the fourth week, unless you know the strain and have grown it before.Some strains you can get away with longer than 4 weeks :wink:

6 Likes

Ok. Judging by what you guys are saying it seems like I’m too late in the game for this auto. I definitely know better for next time to train and trim earlier.

5 Likes

I’d still open up underneath some now tho.
You’re going to need the air flow here very shortly as they fatten up.
:wink::joy::v:

7 Likes

@oldguy @piper @deusoboy420

Ok sounds good I’ll give it a shot. Here’s another question: what am I looking for when it’s ready to flush if I’m past the time I was given? From seed to now it’s been 10wks which is when the breeder said it will finish. Not sure it looks like it’s done to me. Trichomes are still pretty clear from what I can see. From what I’ve read, I’m waiting on the leaves to start naturally turning and/or trichomes to get foggy/amber. Any other tips on what to look for so I know when I can start flushing?

5 Likes

I wait til pistils start to recede then i check trichs

6 Likes

I usually tack 1-2 weeks onto breeder timelines

6 Likes

Don’t forget to take into account the veg time.
That’s not included when they state the est times till harvest.
So if you saw pistils at 5 weeks then tack that onto the estimate. That should get you in a more accurate time frame for actual harvest.
:v:

7 Likes

“ I wait til pistils start to recede then i check trichs”

Very nice. Haven’t heard of that one yet. Will definitely watch for that thank you.

6 Likes

Oldguys right on my statement of adding 1-2 weeks is for reccomended flower times

6 Likes

I do 2 weeks of what breeder says, then 2 weeks for transition from veg to flower, some people just do the 2 weeks of what breeder says.

That is also strain dependent

Edit: my bad, the above comment is mostly for photos not auto’s, so sorry … let er rip … stay golden …

5 Likes

All three photos are through the trellis! Crazy how fast they recover after being stripped down! If it weren’t for the auto, and if I started training earlier, I think I could‘ve come close to filling the 5x5 with 4 plants. Can’t wait until next time around.

8 Likes

Looking good @treycer11! Your auto’s are filling out nicely. I wait till my pistils start shriveling up and turning brown, then I pull my microscope out and keep a close eye on my trichs.

7 Likes

Week three of flower officially compete and ladies and gents…we have pistils! Plants have buffed out and up more this past week. Humidity is becoming an issue; becoming too close for comfort so we’ll be purchasing a dehumidifier this week. Also have been having an issue with the autopots. One of the float valves isn’t working properly and isn’t shutting off like it should and floods the tent. Been having to shut the res off and top feed. Happened twice this week. Working on finding the cause and working that out. Bought a new microscope off amazon and it’s better than my other as far as strength but hard as hell to get good pics. I was able to see the auto’s trichomes a lot easier and it looks like we’re still mostly clear so I wait on the flush for a little longer!

Questions for my comrades this week:

After week three and seeing pistils, does this mean the plants are finished growing? Or will I get more stretch?

Should I slowly start lowering the light? Reading a little here and there and noticed some people lower the light gradually through flower and they each had some fat hog buds at the end.

Thanks again and happy growing.

6 Likes

Hey @treycer11, looking great!!! :+1::+1: You could probably bring your light down to 16" above your canopy and be fine. Just watch your plants to make sure it isn’t too much. Our plants always tell us how they feel. Check with the manufacturer suggested height also, just to be sure. Your right about the big buds tho. The closer LEDs are to the plant they better the plant grows. :v:

4 Likes

Had to spend some time today changing out the 1/4” lines and deep cleaning the autopot valves and trays. One of them wasn’t working properly and the tent flooded twice this past week so I figured a full clean and change of lines was needed. Also had to bite the bullet and buy a dehumidifier. RH started climbing into the 70%’s and wasn’t coming down. Adjusted the trellis and re-trained the plants. Trying to slowly work towards an even canopy. Noticed some slight nute burn on the tips of the Durban poison plant so I backed off on the ppms this week. Overall had a good day and some successful fixes.

4 Likes

Almost through week 5. I’m liking what I’m seeing as far as bud growth and the amount of sites. As you can tell I’m having some nutrient abundance/deficiency of some sort. One genetic looks hungry and the other, larger plant looks burned. I tried looking into it and found some contradicting info. I think it’s one of the NPK’s but not sure which one. Judging by the numbers with everything I’m giving it, the ratios add up to 7.6-9-15.4 so my guess is potassium abundance? Other than that, how am I looking for week 5?

My training question for the week is about lollipopping. Would consistent defoliation that allows more light penetration be just as good or will lollipopping really increase yields that much more?

Any other observations, questions or comments are greatly appreciated! Thanks and happy growing!

1 Like

2 Likes