USU Cannabis Research

Hey guys, just wanted to share this video I came upon. The university of Utah is researching hemp and cannabis cultivation. Check this video out and see what they are up too. I found it was real interesting on what they are doing and I hope they get more into focusing on cannabis research.

9 Likes

Nice i wish i could go to school there. I watch all there videos. Im actually about to try there media recipe for cannabis. Great videos.
EDIT: i love those grow fridges/cabinets they have. And how much electricity are they using. I wonder if they take 240v and split it? 240v is the same price as 120v back in 1998 we would take 1000w white phosphorus lights wire 2 of the 120v lights together and plug both into a 240v and we could have 2x the lights at the same price.

4 Likes

Be sure to check out the other videos on their channel too. All of the ones posted in the last 6 months are great and have a lot of info that can be used in cannabis growing too.

5 Likes

He has done his research, LOL

Very good videos on light spectrums, etc.

4 Likes

He has some great videos up. I’m looking forward to his research on light dep. He has red led at the top of some chambers and studying how much it takes to have an affect on the light dep.

4 Likes

Ooooh light dep. Nice i want to do that in my green house to have more harvests a year. But were not legal yet damnnn.

2 Likes

I’ve been doing a lot of research about passive solar greenhouse design. Even with LED, I’m using way more electricity than I want to. These greenhouses can even run closed system CO2 using a heat exchanger built into the greenhouse foundation.

This with some high output LED top lights like these and an ozone water treatment facility could make for the lowest input grow facility you could build today. https://biosaglight.com/product/icarus-ti/

5 Likes

My DIY light is more efficient than that fixture.

2 Likes

I love DIY too, and there are more efficient fixtures, but they aren’t IP65 dust/water resistant with 5 year warranties.

3 Likes

I bought my own lights and i made sure the can have lenses. So mine are waterproof and dust and insect proof. On some of the lights. I wish some one would make lenses for QB boards.

3 Likes

I think I’ll be an old yoda by the time I can get into some good leds lol a 5 year warranted sound pretty darn good to me.

1 Like

I try and under drive all my led boards. I run my 170 watt boards at 111watts max voltage. And my 200 watt boards at 100watts. And my other lights at 200 watts instead of 250. And my flower hps max at 750watts. My veg 1000 watts at 600 watts. I have seen zero difference between 750 watts and 1000watts. Except heat and burning plants. I feel that underdriving the equipment it will last longer in the long run. Sort of like driving a car slower and careful as opposed to racing it to the max redline all the time.