Variations in Cannabinoid Reporting: Part Six

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to let you know the final portion of Digamma’s series on why cannabinoid tests vary so heavily between labs is up. Big thanks to @marco and @savino for the excellent knowledge!

What are your thoughts on the series? Helpful? Interesting? Boring? Let me know.

2 Likes

I have shared this series with several people I know. This is excellent info Hunter and has been extremely helpful in explaining why and how testing works the way it does (I’m not even saying that to make you feel good, I’ve had several people tell me it was a great article haha!)

2 Likes

the same sample can show completely different results depending on the method of the test

3 Likes

Can regulation be pushed for a standardized test? Why isn’t the cannabis community pushing for this? Where is the 3rd party independent testing that keeps growers honest? That keeps labs honest? Don’t have to go far to find people that even question the credibility of lab testing.

I have to be honest, as a consumer of cannabis products, seeing testing results like this is great but also kind of a huge slap in the face. Do you know how many dispensary owners market their flower around THC levels? Top shelf 30+%, then on the label it shows 22-32% THC (or worse.) It’s kind of a bait and switch tactic (in my opinion.)

Would love to see some standards set in testing!

2 Likes

i know there are efforts being made to establish a standardized testing protocols.

the smart consumer asks the supplier what method of testing they used(usually doesnt work).

i think the answer is in your question: where is the legislator? :wink:

3 Likes

Amen to that!

2 Likes

Precisely. This is the kind of thing that needs legislation. People will always cheat the system until they have legal liability.

3 Likes