Want to grow your own mushrooms, follow Chris

Dont know if you know already, but @nick has gone on his own mission for the last two months. He has been building his own mushroom business and chatting to him the other night, it sounds exciting and looks inviting. Been pondering growing mushrooms for sometime, we eat alot and I love them. I have seen the prices jumping and thinking it will be a great addition to our garden. Well now, I dont have an excuse, Chris is running a podcast to teach one how to grow mushrooms. Lets send him some likes and love.

**22 October. **
10Pm UTTC +2
Link here for more information.

learntogrowmushrooms

9 Likes

Sure wish someone would figure out the secret to Morels. They fetch a kings ransom. If you could grow them year round it would fetch you a handsom income.

Marty

4 Likes

Dont forget, our previous moderator and manager, @chrisD is running a mushroom growing course today on Facebook. Check it out.

6 Likes

When you take on the task of growing mushrooms, you become connected to the fascinating world of fungi and gain a deeper understanding of the symbiotic relationship between mushrooms and their environment.

By cultivating mushrooms, you actively participate in the natural cycle of decomposition and nutrient recycling. Mushrooms play a crucial role in breaking down organic matter, such as decaying plant material or wood, and converting it into nutrients that can be utilized by other organisms. This process helps to maintain the balance of ecosystems and contributes to the overall health of the environment.

3 Likes

Hi @danish

Welcome to GN and you are so right about mushrooms. Love the fact that the world is learning more about the fascinating depth of how mushies work and how we are inter-connected.

2 Likes

Mushies are fascinating!
I started my journey about 9 months ago. I have a neurological disorder. A friend recommended i try mushrooms because pharmaceutical drugs weren’t working so well and needed increased almost every visit. My body would have severe spasms for the last 8 years. I took a dose of shrooms, first time about 1/2 gram, and didnt spasm for 3 days! Was i amazed!!
Told my friend to teach me how to grow these wonderful fungi!

:mushroom:

2 Likes