Water content sensor networking to automate watering

One of my customer has 6" rocwool cube our systems are aeroponics and the roots can grow as big as they want. If fact most growers ignore the mpst import part of the plant in regards to production. The Roots.

But no reason one couldn’t run 6" cubes on RW slab or DWC as long as the root are shielded from light.

While tree growers will air prune the tap root after a few days maximize root surface area by simulating side shoots. I haven’t seen any cannabis growers that prune the roots this erly other than those cloth pots that ir prune after the roots reach the sides of the bag. Way to have much impact.

A friend who is a breeder in Northern Cal says he has gotten 25 lbs of dried bud per plant when they had to because they cut back the plant count to 25. This was an outdoor grow and he had to use cement trellis to hold them up.

I have seen 8lb per plant indoor grows using scrogging with 12’ x 12’ cannopies per plant.

We use venturi air water pumps to both mist and fog. This eliminates the cost of high pressure water pumps and clogging.

1 Like

Most inventors are tangential thinkers. I am not too offended and enjoy turning the coin to look at things from all angles.

1 Like

Thank you Peter, just wanted to make sure we keep the discussion accessible and friendly for the rest of the community (sometimes debate can be viewed as what seems like arguing/fighting and in my experience turns off the audience.) Thanks for clarifying and being a good sport about it, much appreciated!

This conversation is like nailing water to a wall. I responded to your original post with an alternative perspective, based on real world observation, and was told that I’m wrong across the board.

I never said that yields in excess of 2 lbs/plant are impossible, but I was replying to what you presented. Now you’ve move the target again to aeroponics? Do tell, how does your soil monitoring system work in that context?!

And still have not had a response to anything I’ve mentioned other than a typo. Perhaps you could answer one straight question from your original presentation; how does your per plant monitoring system pay off when there is no per/plant adjustment in dosing? Simple question, looking for a simple answer.

Our per plant monitoring system is designed to adjust all inputs per plant and we are building grow chambers for the home grower market.

For commercial growers the systems are different for every grower as they typically can not adjust many inputs for individual plant other then nutrient/water via top feeding.

1 Like