Watering to runoff

Here is what i do now.

Ah ok. Thanks for that bro. Yeah, since joining you group of fine growers Iā€™ve known to be aware of which medium people are growing in, soil or Coco and how that affects the nutrient levels, PH and PPMā€™s.

1 Like

what ever you or doing keep it up the flowers look great good job

1 Like

For babies I make sure I water very little and let them completely dry out daily.

For larger plants I water til I see run off every time. I donā€™t need huge amounts of run off but I do need to see the plant pissing out the bottom so I know sheā€™s wet all the way through. I also feed almost every watering. My plants get plain ph water almost never. I would guess about every 4-5 feedings Iā€™ll have a lazy day and not feeling like mixing nutes and they get water. Every other time thereā€™s at least something in their water even if itā€™s just some kelp.

I think its a complete waste of time. Measure ppm going in. If you feed one time then water next. Rinse repeat. You wonā€™t have any issues. You should never need to ppm run off. Donā€™t over feed. Donā€™t feed on every watering. Atleast for us soil guys.

1 Like

Instead why not focus on biomass gained. That seems most important. We can measure daily,weekly etc. Know how much has growen seems like a better problem to me. And methods are sort of easy. Well maybe fr you cats. Us old timers probably canā€™t lift a pot.

2 Likes

I donā€™t have issues feeding my way either and Iā€™m in soil as well. The plants learn to adjust. Very few start to see nute burn and those I back off from. Even autos can handle more than most growers think they can

2 Likes

thatā€™s it. All you need to do. I Always preach. Stop making a easy process so complicated

2 Likes

I donā€™t even ppm stuff going in anymore. When you get used to a line. No need. Just a waste of time IMHO

2 Likes

My TDS batteries have been dead for over a year. :woman_facepalming:t2:

Just started a DwC bucket and realized I have to buy some now.

Now my PH meter thatā€™s a different story.

I havent phā€™d anything except only for my aero kloner nutrients. Soil and canna coco and dakine420 canna coco coir.

2 Likes

Well fun fact. Cannabis while growing enjoyies a varying PH levels for optimal growth. Even the leaves like a different PH. They seem to respond to slightly higher PH say 7.2-7.8. While the flowering plant might prefer a 5.8. To a germing plant of 6.8-7.0

3 Likes

Thats good to know. You would know too! You have a lot of knowledge and i try and follow all your threads!

1 Like

I noticed the hash assion didnt like the clonex nutrients much and the trainwreck did!

Same concentrate 20ml to a gallon and 2.75 gallon in the cloner.

1 Like

It could be the ph in your soil not clonex

1 Like

I would agree but thats not soil 1. And 2. it started in the float table before it hit the coco.

2 Likes

I wait til my ladies have 4-6 good solid nodes then I take the top cut for a clone. The main cut then roots and gets prepped for next cycle. Timing and consistency is the key to super charged gardens. Anyway, when I take that clone off, it turns each node remaining into its own solid branch. Let em get to about a foot tall and flip flower. They will finish 3 times the height so you would hopefully get 3ā€™-4ā€™ Beasts. If rite all colas and no branching. My rooms are so tight and dialed in that if i have 1-2 night where the temp jumps to 84 cuz of something thats all it takes to stretch or create some airy buds. Most wouldnā€™t know, I only do cuz of how many harvs and how long ive done this. I also grow super charged style when inside. Dam, i just realized Im old. That sucks. Hahahaha This is my first forum and it feels good to speak or type this shit with out worry of getting arrested anymore. Hell, i got arrested and charged a felony in illinoisme lots of years ago for only 10 grams.

2 Likes