WEIRD question

how to ask… ok, “can you infuse venisin with cannabis?”
i went from processing this years harvest to processing a deer. got my first buck on opening day here in MI and im butchering right now. thought crossed my mind… can i take my freshly carved meat and infuse it with a tincture of some kind for long term storage? so i pose this question.

5 Likes

heard the some deer in the Midwest that have been killed have the Covid virus --any one here about this – can give you reference of wonder if you would eat them you would get the virus??

1 Like

I find that condiments are easier to dose.

I would go QWET → Let dry in sugar → Add Sugar to your A1 steak sauce so and then let everyone know there is regular and THC steak sauce>

or Just make butter cubes and serve them with baked potato.

7 Likes

i can’t do QWET (quick wash ethenal/extraction technique) for an odd reason… i am a recovering alcoholic and addict, almost 2 years sober from everything except cannabis. i just don’t feel safe using food grade alcohol to make tinctures, mainly the temptation and knowing how i am.
“if you hang around a barber shop long enough, you will get a hair cut.” so i avoid situations that could put my sobriety in jeopardy. it sux, cus i have to avoid doing experiments like QWET or making THC sugar, which would be awesome, but i still don’t feel safe enough to have alcohol around. i’d explain more, but then you’d be getting a lot of my life story lol. i do appreciate the idea though. if i can get a friend to make it for me, i’d use it.

2 Likes

I don’t know about that but barbecue sauce marinade anything like that that you soak your meat in prior to cooking might do something. But it’s kind of hard to dose this way. If you infuse barbecue sauce or a topping for your meat then you can estimate how much medicine you’re eating.

4 Likes

yeah… i don’t dose lol. i’m what is becoming known as “ediblocked” where edibles and such don’t have as much of an effect on me. so, i shoot the moon every time lmao. it helps to regulate mood, and kinda lays a base high that i can build on by smoking, but yeah. i was taking legit 1 oz shots of infused vegetable glycerin, eating brownies, and dosing with dispensery gummies. nothing till i smoked lol. so i have a tendency to just add until i think the taste would be too much. i add a LOT.

3 Likes

I have never infused anything 1st off :sweat_smile:

Couldn’t you infuse some olive oil or something similar with other herbs, etc. And vacuum seal them into packs? Like how you’d buy flavored meats at the store.

3 Likes

Heya @kuntrybudz , I am sure you can. Quick search about infused steaks:

But something you might want to give a shot due your question:

can i take my freshly carved meat and infuse it with a tincture of some kind for long term storagestrong text

I would consider placing it in a cannabutter like the video below, could be a very interesting flavor and ages well.

4 Likes

that seems like an awesome idea! guess i better make some butter lol, not sure my cococanna oil would be the same. my dream is to have a fully infused burger, from the bun to the burger and even the cheese. infused condiments as well lol.
full disclosure, i know i could search things like this, but i don’t learn very well from videos. i would rather have conversations and trouble-shooting sessions. videos just don’t get through to me. books do sometimes, but i learn best while at least talking to a real person, and getting a response.

4 Likes

You could consider supplementing the coccocanna with butter and making a mix. I dont think you want to over do the coconut oil due to the flavor coming through on everything. Consider doing it in stages e.g

Regular baked buns and cheese
infuse a dry aged steak.

Then move onto the buns, cheese etc. A friend of mine made some dope cheese for me a couple years ago. It tasted like eating some brick weed. I think she got the recipe wrong, or something went wrong. Keep on trying, how was penicillin made, by accident.

4 Likes

copy paste right from google:
Could the deer spread the virus to people? There is no evidence that animals, including deer, are playing a significant role in the spread of SARS-CoV-2 to people. Based on the available information, the risk of animals spreading COVID-19 to people is low .

i hope this helps. i ain scared to eat my deer lol. i earned it.

3 Likes

i like the idea of doing it in stages, i’ll probably have to go that road to avoid major screw ups and costly mistakes. i stopped doin butters mainly because of the process its self. with butter i would add water for a second cook to get the rest of the product out. the seperation of oil from water via the fridge has always been a messy affair for me… unlike oils. one cook, no water. oh, i use refined coconut oil, so there’s a lot less (practically no) coconut flavor. but on that note, the flavor from butter is what we want with this dry cure. golly gee willikers batman, looks like im making butter soon. if you know an easier way im all ears lol.

If you could smoke it and make jerky hen vac seal for long term storage and like @happilyretired said a sauce of some sort and glaze it like crazy till its almost done so you give the sauce enough time before its done to stick and kinda dry up. We use to make jerky out of the leftovers from my uncles deers best damn jerky ever! And I know this works because I’ve had some before not that i made but from a friend and he did it with beef and infused olive oil sweet sauce and peppered it was pretty good! And make sure to smoke it low and slow! I’d use some of good steaks for better jerky make em thick and tender lol

3 Likes

seriously thinkin bout it now lol

1 Like

alkyhal
anyone know if this is an acceptable substitute for everclear?

Propylene glycol (unlike ethylene glycol/antifreeze will KILL YOU!) is considered a safe food additive…it is nominally used in dry goods as a dessicant/flow agent…

But it has no relationship at all to Everclear which is 95% grain alcohol (ethanol)

If that’s any help to you. I do know Everclear (ethanol) makes a great solvent for solubilizing THC/CBD from plants…FWIW

1 Like

@TheMadFlascher im trying to figure out a way to make THC sugar without the drinkable alcohol. im thinking that the propylene glycol would not evaporate like i want… any suggestions?

2 Likes

Why not dissolve both the sugar and the Thc in the Etoh and evap the Etoh…done. will be pretty gooey like honey in terms of consistency, but thc sugar nonetheless.

3 Likes

Yup, ole @DogFart1 has your solution if you don’t want the alcohol content present in your final product

1 Like