What do you use for pest management?

Thanks for letting us know what they said @Taima.

2 Likes

A few things for pest management…

Temperature and Humidity will dictate how fast things spread and if they’ll even start to begin with. Warm temperatures above 80F are much more likely to cause infestation problems as many bugs like warm climates. As for humidity the plants generally like a range of 50-60% as it will keep you in the pocket of not too low causing the plant stress making it susceptible to infestation and not too high where your molds and mildew will start to form. UV-C (254nM) is definitely something you’ll want to integrate within your indoor air handler as all the rooms air will pass over the bulb killing spores, bacteria and helping with things like powdery mildew. It’s important to note that this method will assist and in most cases stop the SPREAD of mildew however you still need to have a good treatment program in place to localize any issues. Air quality control such as high efficiency filters will help with any buildup in the space of large particulate that can cause havoc in a room as well, but beware you can’t just throw any filter into your HVAC system as they are designed for specific static pressures and could cause your system to freeze, so makes sure to ask the manufacturer.

Brandon Kion
Excel Air Systems

2 Likes

been fighting broad mites with the following rotation , and spraying twice a week.
Pyganic (pyrethrins )
PFR 97(fungus )
Botaniguard ( fungus)
Grandivo(bacteria)
Spinosad (bacteria)
All organic and Omri
Still fighting broad mites, I am thinking complete coverage is the biggest hurdle in our commercial grow. Although we still get broad mite flare ups, I have not seen spider mites, aphids, or any other bug since we have started this IPM.

1 Like

Thank you for promoting our products Casey!!

You’re all welcome to contact me if you have questions on the BioSafe Systems Crop Protection Guide PDF that Casey shared.

I’m uploading our Sanitation and Water Treatment PDF also.HT17-03 Cannabis Cleanup and Water Treatment Program (1).pdf (138.1 KB)

Good Growing,
Sarah

2 Likes

Found this new article on hyperemesis, although they don’t mention Neem oil or any other pesticides as factors:

2 Likes

The medical field is still unsure of the pathway that causes cannabis hyperemesis syndrome (CHS).It may come down to a circulatory process instead of typical innervation pathways which cause nausea located in the medulla oblongata. There are very few cannabinoid receptors in the medulla oblongata.
Here is an other article that explains why sufferers of CHS may find relief with the infamous hot shower.
Heat at the periphery causes vasodilation diverting the blood supply from the gastrointestinal tract leading to relief of nausea and vomiting.
Also, cyclic vomiting syndrome (CVS) is not the same as CHS. The pathways that cause CVS are thought to be the same that cause migraine and abdominal migraine. Typical anti-emetics will treat CVS and not CHS. Ibuprofen, Benadryl, and CBD can help CHS. http://www.mdedge.com/ccjm/article/100709/gastroenterology/cannabinoid-hyperemesis-syndrome-marijuana-both-antiemetic-and/page/0/1

2 Likes

Overall i very interesting and somewhat educational read, but the one thing i do not see is anyone focusing on the actuak source of the problem, but only potential solutions.

Example 1: PM, if the PM is genetically present in the mother, it will then be passed won to the next generation regardless of what anyone does, its that simple.

Example 2: Caterpillars, some good remedies, and i admire the fact that i see none of the listed banned substances such as BT in here. But again to the source, control the moths, you sontrol the caterpillars and avoid all the efforts surrounding them.

Example 3: Mites, specifically the Russets, nothing can erradicate mite infestation, at least nothing that is public knowledge. I am old school, keep them out, quarantine, clean, and install. If they get in, a new shop vac, predatory mites and ladybugs.

I have much deeper detail for anyone that is in need, just let me know, good luck

2 Likes

This video just came to me in my email. I haven’t watched it yet but thought I’d share as it’s related to cannabis related nausea and vomiting.
ZDoggMD is out of Las Vegas believe and has a pretty large presence in the healthcare field as providing parody about our healthcare system. My impression of him from previous videos of his is that he isn’t completely onboard with cannabis.

3 Likes

Yeah the hot shower thing was interesting and not something I’d heard about before.

4 Likes

soluneem . omri certified. can order it from Royal Knight Ag, I stand by it.
have to watch other neem extracts, some can be oils which are okay but not great to spray. The extract is good. watch your source. azadactin found is most neem materials and recently found in some products mixed with other insecticides (pyrethroids) that are not good. IPM is don’t over water or cause any stress that the plant cant handle. a healthy plant wont get attack

2 Likes

Blaming the oil from a natural medicinal plant, which makes up 1.2% of the “organic pesticide”?
Wonder who’s behind that idea…Monsanto?

https://merryjane.com/health/the-curious-case-of-cannnabis-hyperemesis-syndrome

3 Likes

@JoeGrow ive been selling and studying neem oils for 10 years as well as other oil based organic materials . any oil on plants can smother the respiration. I’m sure it wont kill. but if you can use extract instead of oil. idk. just my thoughts, many ways to skin a cat .

@JoeGrow I actually deal in omri neem oil and neem extract. so it doesn’t matter. let me know if ever in the market

@JoeGrow the merryjane article was a good read. I can see that. ive tried so many things throughout my life. who knows? I do know using organics and building a solid foundation early has always been best in the long run. Establish a healthy plant system and good ipm prevents a lot

1 Like

BEST PRODUCT EVER

Eliminator

Killed the mites AND the eggs BEST PART, DID NOT KILL MY LADYBUGS OR PREDATORY MITES!!!
And it was guaranteed or my money back

1 Like

Looks like this is getting more attention. Hopefully they’ll figure out what is causing it:

Especially as more states go legal, as we’ll probably see more people suffering from this.

3 Likes

That’s a great article. I’ve personally taken care of 7 patients over the past year with suspected CHS.
Ibuprofen, Benadryl, IV fluid and cbd help

2 Likes

Another article on the topic of hyperemesis:

1 Like

Another article, this time from CNN

2 Likes

other bugs

1 Like