What else do you grow in your garden?

That is awesome @bow4buck . What a wonderful service you are providing your community and yourselves. Looks great and thank you for taking consideration to server space. But you are welcome to upload as you wish, GN has recently updated their server with loads more diskspace!!!

Hats off to you, that is alot of hard work you put in there. Looks beautiful and delicious. :mushroom: :broccoli: :leafy_green: :muscle: :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Really nice garden. Growing different plants up your knowledge
, Politics, money , have cannabis and laws in a big SNAFU.
When States go Medical
The wealthy, cannabis Doctors , State , Lawyers control the market.
The small Family Farm should be allowed in the legal market.
Farmers Markets ,Fall Harvest Festivals, where consumers can purchase tested high quality cannabis. I cant afford $480 at the dispensary
Ace Reefer

5 Likes

what state are you in @bow4buck
My guess is you deer hunt ? and grow cannabis

4 Likes

I’m in Ohio and yes I grow deer just about as good as vegetables. :grin::v::call_me_hand:

5 Likes

For many years I have grown deer also ,down through Mississippi River Area

2 Likes

Yes Ohio grows monster Bucks. Some great Hunting shows produced there.
Candyland ?

3 Likes

This particular area I am in now :sleepy: has CWD bad. I travel down to Mississippi in fall

1 Like

Trying to find a place in Alabama. As I understand it, you.can hunt the rut up here then hit it again in December or January down there. Heard so.e.good deer down that way…

Yes we do have some monsters in Ohio. Amazed each year at what comes out of hear. Then again I left Wisconsin to come here.

3 Likes

Ruttin good in Mississippi Mid December

2 Likes

what a beautiful garden and some fine produce where do u live Bow. BEAUTIFUL

1 Like

I’m in Ohio currently

2 Likes

Bright Lights Swiss Chard looking stellar. In the back ground Red Norland and Yukon Gold potatoes. Potatoe beetles are terrible this year.

8 Likes

Beautiful Garden

2 Likes

Cant agree more @acereefer . @bow4buck , how are you doing it so well. What is your secret? TBH, the soil looks like topsoil, what are you feeding those bountiful plants?

2 Likes

At this point I compost everything and use that in beds as needed. Every other year I have a guy that brings me 60yrds of beautiful leaf compost. That goes everywhere. Plants only.get fed with fish emulsion.

I do get a soil test done each spring and may need to lime or add trace minerals. I have been handling this alone so I do till everything for time savings.

After a spring tilling.

Then build the beds back mixing in compost with the top soil. If I need to turn over a bed this might get done twice in the season.

9 Likes

My 3 honey berry bushes. Aka haskap berry.
You need to have at least 2 kinds so the can pollinate each other make berries.
Here is a link. Where i got 2x of mine. My third i got locally.
https://honeyberryusa.com/honeyberry-plants-1.html
Haskap is japanese for little present at the end of the branch.

@bow4buck love your farm area you have Very awesome :+1::+1:
I only have .33 acres but i try.

6 Likes

I’ve actually heard of them but the first I’ve seen someone growing them. Whats the taste? Lol, looks like deformed grapes.

I’ve got to start some seeds today or tomorrow. Have a request to grow some plants. Ever done Cucamelon? They got me the seeds so ill try to grow them. Looks like baby watermelon but taste like bite sized cucumbers

Dont really need cucumbers, have like 50 in the ground now.
Currently I’ve only got 13 acres but been trying to get the 40 that backs up to my property. The guy was gifted the property in a will and lives out of state. My wife knows his brother and sister in-law and even they say that can’t get a hold of him. Thats is hunting land though/forest.

6 Likes

Ooh a spicy mexican gherkin. I grew 2 of those. Good lord they make a lot of yield. The honey berry : There like a blueberry- grape. Tart or sweeter depending on the variety.

2 Likes

Plant them in a tomato cage or on a trellis. They grow crazy big-spreads and grab all kinds of things with there vines. Including other plants!

2 Likes

Nice slow rain all day should help my late start

8 Likes