Growers Network was created as a resource for adults in the cannabis industry.

Please verify your age to enter.

What is the acceptable range of temp for plant tissue

Just got my i.r. thermometer back

3 Likes

@dbrn32 @Bogleg @macgyver_stoner @tdubwilly :wink:

3 Likes

Tks buddy;)

3 Likes

YSwU

3 Likes

I believe it should be slightly lower than ambient temps due to the expenditure of water vapor to help the plant cool…kinda like a human sweating.

No matter what the ambient temps may be though, I would try my best to keep leaf under 80°F

Macg will probably have a better idea though

3 Likes

I thought leaves were typically hotter as they pool heat from the lights I thing g. Cervantes says leaves at top can be up to 4x hotter than air I’m sure that’s waaay too hot tho lol .my canopy tissue is around 4°hotter than air atm

3 Likes

So they are 88°f atm

2 Likes

Wow ok…

I’ve never read anything about what they should be but I’ve been checking my own in comparison against ambient temps for over a year now and I thought it was always lower…

I’m getting an MRI right now. I’ll double check myself when the lights come back on tonight and I’ll report back to you.

3 Likes

Best of luck my friend;)

3 Likes

Hope nothing but good results come out of it @tdubwilly :wink:

3 Likes

I noticed by accident that my leds grows turned out better with higher canopy temps typically ran from hid. Then I started to try and replicate and continued to have better results. I couldn’t really explain it, but I was suggesting to @Bogleg a couple years ago and sometime later he came across this.

5 Likes

My experience over the past couple of years under LEDs suggests that the ideal lights on temps are around 80-84F… any hotter than that and I see foxtailing start up. YMMV, but at least in my 4x4 tent under the COBs that seems to be the case.

5 Likes

Is that actually tissue temp or air temp?

3 Likes

Need I.r thermometer to check that @Bogleg @dbrn32

5 Likes

So 82 for hps I guess

2 Likes

For me if I get above 84F air temp for more than a few days I start to see leaf issues, but worse, issues with flowers foxtailing and in general growing fluffier.

5 Likes

I think moral of the story is that when canopy temps are around recommended that leaf surface temp is actually higher. But when running leds you don’t see that same relationship. This stems from most having inexpensive tools that will somewhat accurately measure air temps. But not all have tools to monitor leaf surface temp.

5 Likes

So is that why my leaf temps read lower than ambient temps and his leaf temps read higher?

4 Likes

Yup. I know I told you this before, specifically about running your ambient temps higher, and you pretty much ignored it lol.

4 Likes

This is my hottest run a d without all the nutes I usually use this is my fastest veg I shaved about 2.5 weeks off and have larger plants for it

4 Likes