What is the acceptable range of temp for plant tissue

You presented it to me as a question not a statement and got me confused lol

4 Likes

So I just checked my leaf vs. Air temps after two hours of lights being on and my top leaves are about two degree cooler than the Air temps @hoppiefrog however i got the LEDs

5 Likes

I would have to look, and I really donā€™t feel like it lol. So Iā€™ll take your word. Maybe that was the one day I didnā€™t really feel like busting your balls any, so I threw it out there and figured you could take what you wanted from it.

If I was running your grows, I would be running canopy temps higher than you had been. Fair enough?

4 Likes

Probably lol

4 Likes

Fair enough

4 Likes

My air temps right now

When i was down there earlier canopy temps were at about 78

4 Likes

Itā€™s been a while, and I didnā€™t quite have the controls that you did. But I think my fan run at minimum speed setting around 78f, and full speed around 83f. It would ramp itself between there to some extent. Thatā€™s where I felt I had best results.

4 Likes

Duly noted

4 Likes

Iā€™d imagine you could replicate the warmer leaf temps by adding IR to a LEDā€™s array.

5 Likes

I think you would need a lot. From standpoint of cost vs what youā€™re getting, i feel like it makes more sense to run your space a little warmer. Maybe not as much in cold winter months.

Relative quantum efficiency of like 720nm is still about 20-25%, so there would be some justification for those capable to have some. I just struggle to see point in making led light more hps like when it appears there is easy solution.

4 Likes

No argument there, just thinking aloud about different ways to get the results we might want.

And I agree, the most efficient/least expensive is always the way to go, as long as it doesnā€™t skimp on safety and performance.

~MacG

3 Likes

So @dbrn32, I assume you want my leaf temps to be higher but not necessarily my air temps??

Obviously if you donā€™t care what my air temps are then I can find a way to increase leaf temps but if air temps need to stay the same and leaf temps only need to rise then I donā€™t know how Iā€™m gonna accomplish that

4 Likes

I think he is saying, the easiest way to get your leaf temps up is to let the air temps go up as well. Instead of spending a ton of money to try and make your LED act more like a HPS with all the extra IR HPS produces.

~MacG

5 Likes

room temps around 80-82 Leave surface temperature usually are 78-79 degrees usually check later thermometer Itā€™s always more accurate then with then the Wall temp meter

6 Likes

huhr
OKi mnjnn`*
E*

`
TsTsr

.I r
:heart_eyes: zzzuu
:joy: w

5 Likes

You ok there bud? LOL

4 Likes

Thatā€™s what I was trying to say.

Based on my understanding of the area, seems like less expensive to just run the room a little warmer than he has been. And that also should move leaf surface temp closer into ideal range.

4 Likes

Oops, not sure what happened there

5 Likes

Easy enough

4 Likes

Hahahaha lol funny

3 Likes