What is the most money you have spent on genetics?

@macgyver_stoner and I were just chatting about some outrageous seed prices and it led me to wonder…what is the most money you have spent on genetics? @GrowOpEmployees, @growopowners, @mastergrowers, @Geneticists, how high have you gone to get your hands on prized genetics?

3 Likes

I’m curious too

2 Likes

In the late-mid '80s I paid $12000 for all the mothers and every known cutting of a variety I then named “12-k.” I believe it was a cross of “Big Bud” and “Rockstar.” I lost it when I was taken down for the highest plant count (12,000+) of anyone in Phase 1 of Operation Green Merchant.

3 Likes

2005 I was quoted 1000 for a Woody Kush clone. I said no thanks. Shit was dank though. Found it later in an 8th bag one xmas. Lost it yrs later trying to over automate.

500 a pack of 28 beans most I’ve paid, won’t happen again. I think it’s almost harder to find shit seeds these days than decent ones. Better grower.

Back when shops first opened i sold all my strains (about 6 at the time, and only one was any good) for 15k to a grow facility.

Genetics are stupid, like buying gas in the middle of nowhere lol

3 Likes

I love that analogy! It feels like that sometimes, huh?

2 Likes