What is your favorite light?

Sexy! What’s your source for the extruded aluminum heat sinks? Heatsinks USA?

6 Likes

I was wondering what strips you are using there? Also, nice to meet you, I’m PomMom, or Pom or Cheryl, they all work.

4 Likes

Looks like samsung quantum strips.

5 Likes

I wondered if they were the new ones? I just missed out on them.

2 Likes

Yes, that is where I get them.

5 Likes

Hi Cheryl, glad to meet you ! they are samsung f-series double row strips cost around $27 ea.

3 Likes

Platinum P350 Led in a 2.5 ft gorilla :gorilla: shorty using scrog running some beans from humbolt csi urkle s1, last run seen here (el fuego from dinafem) was getting bleached white tips. So had to raise it with this new tent it’s possible as it is extendible:)

9 Likes

Welcome @fusiondesigner!

Very nice buds!

happy growing,

MacG

7 Likes

7 Likes

www.morsengrowlight.com is the lights i use they have a couple different series i use the s series very little heat produced compared to others i have tried

5 Likes

How’s the durability, @shumway66? How long have you been using the S series? Any issues so far?

3 Likes

@will.i.am i been using them for about a year now and no issues i myself recommend these for any type of grower from new to experienced and the price is right for good product

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum @shumway66!

And thanks for sharing.

~MacG

3 Likes

Very cool. I hadn’t heard of them. Will definitely check them out!

3 Likes

@macgyver_stoner np and thank you

4 Likes

Hey all. Well me personally, I’m sold on CMH lights and this is why, I started growing using a single Vibra Spectra 450 watt led (actual draw is approx. 250watt), it was o.k. for the 2 plants that I grew, then I added another led with about the same wattage draw and it for a little better but still I got a lot of lower larfy buds, then I started reading and learning more and more about CMH lighting and I liked what learned, so I bought one and used in conjunction with the Vibra, wow, what a difference it made, and that was with 5 plants, I ended up with so much more bud and the buds were a lot tighter and had much more tricomb production. So I bought another CMH (both are Topogrow made by led China), they are the least expensive and have excellent custom support). I haven’t set up the tent yet, but what it will consist of are the 2 CMH lights and the Vibra Spectra in the center. The reason I think the cmh lights work so well is because they have a very high cri rating (92-93), they have a very broad light spectrum, and put out a good amount of UV radiation. I’m waiting to get my lux meter that I bought to see how much light I’m getting. Another advantage is that the cmh puts out a lot less heat than HPS lights at the same wattage. Just Incase anyone is interested, I got these on Amazon.

4 Likes

greetings and salutations, welcome;) I have been thinking about running a table of cmh in my next grow I will have to check that out

2 Likes

Gavita pro 1650e
heard a lot of LED companies claiming to replace gavitas double ended HPS and I have yet to see one that can compete, but now when I hear from the horses mouth and gavita is saying that there new LED is replacing their own double ended HPS lights I have to give them a try .

2 Likes

Well, if people compare their CMH or HPS lights to a Mars Hydro maybe. But seeing how far the LED’s have came is nuts. The bad thing is the price of good LEDs, because of the “new factor”. I think once that PLC gets Cree to come on board(no pun intended) they will have hands down the best light, referring to the photoboost strips. Pound for pound, the PLC strips are the bees knees, and when you compare power usage, operating heat, it’s not even fair.

2 Likes

I’m on week three with a Gavita 1650e ,I don’t think I would ever use mars Hydro even when I first started ,I can’t relate to growers that skimp out on equipment not my style I rather be patient and wait and buy the dopest shit I can for my garden.I tryed different LEDs from kind “to “spectrum King

3 Likes