What's the issue with this plant?

Got it on the same feeding plan as everything else side by side but this one not looking right, any suggestions? Organic soil with compost tea feedings

2 Likes

@PreyBird1 @Olcoot @defnsmokn @bow4buck @bobette @loCoRocK maybe u guys can give me some input?

3 Likes

I dont do organic in pots but at a zoomed in view looks like phosphorus excess. Not always deficiency. Maybe some others will chime in with a better idea. Also looks like a couple tacos starting on a few others might want to raise the lights a little.

4 Likes

I did raise lights already this morning, noticed some yellow tips on others, I’d believe to much of something vs to little since I just did a feeding Thursday so that would be very likely, so just give a flush and a week to snap back before trying anything else?

2 Likes

Flush is always the best reset IMHO.

4 Likes

The tacos I think u are seeing was Panama red and corrected a fan blowing to much on her issue

2 Likes

Ya, typically is! Totally agree! Just more hestitant with a deficiency cuz ur taking even more needed nutes out but I think ur right about excess being the culprit in this case since it appeared after a feeding. Gonna have to take her outside and flush in the evening when things cool

1 Like

Yeah but any deficiency can be caused by lock out and a flush is still the best reset. Be nice to know what the soil ph and ppm are???

4 Likes

Never once tested ppm, I can prob dig out my tester though, past checks I usually hit the 6.2-6.5 mark and everything got same feeding and same soil with only this one showing adverse effect which makes me think a more nute sensitive strain that others could handle full feeding. Ya that would makes sense actually, I’ll try to find my pH and report back

3 Likes

Hmmm id say missing cal mag and maybe a little “P” issue give it just water and see if it perks up at all. I dont do a lot of organic try some roots organics hp2 but?

2 Likes

Could be lack of water…how heavy is the pot? Ive had problems where they got to dried out.

Edit: im going with not enough water. Use cal malg and water and flush it out. But use just a taste of cal mag like 10g to a gallon. Water a tiny bit wait, water a tiny bit. Wait then water until run off get ready to catch the water in something or get a bucket and sponge ready.

3 Likes

Just feed with tea on Thurs, shouldn’t be dry that quick indoor

1 Like

I water everyday. Mine dry out totally in 2 days. Thats why i was like try just water and see if it perks up.

3 Likes

Oh damn, I’ve always watered once a week, sometimes twice

Just dug in a lil and soil seems to be holding some good moisture still, can see the color diff

2 Likes

I honestly have no idea, other than maybe what has already been said about excess P and a calmag dose.

I suck at identifying deficiencies/excess lol

4 Likes

Have to side with @PreyBird1 on the watering. My indoor plants usually get water every other day. In flower can be a gallon+ a day in 7 gal pots.

4 Likes

Mine just got up potted to 10 gallon a week ago and don’t see leaves drooping just wierd discoloration and texture that’s what doesn’t have me leaning towards thirsty and feeling soil it’s got moisture, plant is about 9 inches tall and soil got about a half gallon or more of tea last feed so comparing size to pots and feeding amount id guess I prob over did it a bit since I gave the same to other plants of the same age that are bigger here’s the rest of them on the run and can clearly see this one in question is about half size, prob should have given half as much

Think I’m gonna give her a good ole flush tonight and see what she does for the next week

4 Likes

No one’s doing journals anymore? Just random shots of grows?

These posts won’t stay. They get booted to the bottom of piles and archived over time. These sites are meant for journals.

Some plants eat more. The genetics are key. That’s why we journal and learn from one another.

The type of plant she is could tell us where she’s from and what she might want.

Local Afghani plants want different than local Jamaican plants, you know.

This is why we journal. To learn for ourselves and to teach others.

2 Likes

I’m currently growing about 40 diff strains, that’s a lot of work to journal each of em and just not practical

There’s to many variables and to many unknowns even with grow logs, not like the entire website was watching me do my feedings with compost teas taking notes of how many oz i used or looked under a microscope to see how abundant my cultures were, tells nothing about how hungry a plant is or was and if my feed was to strong or weak. People tend to learn from each others mistakes or being able to see a sick plant and figure out the causation and when that look appears in their garden they can say I’ve seen that before and here’s the solution.

I’ve watched alot of other grow logs and all we usually see is things growing and progressing but majority of it can be tough to even know their methods without asking

I’m working with a lot of new crosses that the parents may have been mainstream, but the crosses are not and have zero background of where alot of em originated from other than the names that were passed along. I totally get the idea of having IBL logs cuz it can give someone a point of reference about a familiar/common strain but when working with so many outcrosses just growing new stuff and looking for a unicorn that came from someone privately chucking pollen then any of that random ass strain specific data is useless especially if no additional steps were taken to take those new crosses and stabilize em several generations out and throwing out to the masses which I’m not likely going to be doing. I’ve got a couple strains and projects I’ve been working on for preservation and my own breeding projects but I’m certainly not letting most of my plants go to seed and I will only grow 1 seed per strain and start with 32 strains at a time, if it’s a male it gets culled, if it’s a female then she made the cut and will get to see how the flowers turn out.

1 Like

These threads are your personal rooms. They don’t have to be one plant. Just your plants.

We get to see your process. We get to grow with you. If we all just posted pics of plants, it would just be the internet. Many pic plants all over. No info and no real believe that someone is growing or just posting pics.

The point of all of the growing forums is to teach and learn. Can’t do that with random postings. We are a learning and teaching community.