What's wrong with smoking weed?

This is a seriously sad statement…but it makes total sense: Consider the context of your niece’s existence and her stance makes total sense. She has never known a world where weed wasn’t legal (Prop. 215 legalized medical cannabis in 1996) and has been generally culturally accepted by the citizens of California. Your sister’s stance can only be ascribed to sheer ignorance combined with a healthy dose of stigma spiced up with helping of propaganda. It could take a lifetime or reconditioning (or one momentous event) to change her mind on the weed issue.

Cheers to that! #StigmaKills

Plus, my sister and I are GenX, and we were raised to “Say No To Drugs,” yet the most dangerous of all drugs - alcohol and tobacco - were legal and what killed our father. (He died of oral cancer, which was 100% preventable and caused by drinking and smoking.)

1 Like

So sorry to hear about the preventable passing of your father from alcohol and tobacco. Please accept my condolences but thanks for sharing about it as an attempt to change hearts and minds. Respect!

1 Like

I can’t read those articles right now, but am going to respond anyway :blush:
If you;re habitually using something, and it;s getting in the way of your work or relationships or whatever it is you’re trying to do, then you should probably seek some help - talk to someone, get some treatment. And as long as you’re not harming people, have fun!
I used to drink too much, I got some help for it. Now I don’t drink at all. My life is much better now for it, and I have no judgement about what other people do regarding drinking.
As for smoking, I love to smell the aroma wafting through the air, and I prefer it over other ways of imbibing.

4 Likes

I love it!!

1 Like

To be honest with you I never argue my choice to use weed in anyway, shape or form. I am very adamant about following the 2 rules of business…mind yours and stay the $@%& out of mine as long as it doesn’t involve harming kids, old folks, animals or cooking meth next door to me. .:joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

On a serious note I always approach these conversations delicately. I respect others opinions however I make it a point to exploit all of the positives that come along with our fairly new and steadily booming industry. In the last 5 years I have converted nearly my entire family, my ex-wife and her new husband and a plethora of friends and acquaintances.

Many years in sales has taught me that listening is better than speaking. So I ask as many questions as I can to see why the negative view on cannabis then softly implement facts as a rebuttal to their argument.

Using the bible, hopefully I don’t go to hell for that, is a good tool. The word says, believe it or not, that the earth provides us with everything we need to survive. Food, water and medicine. I also point out the 1000s of edibles I have donated to the terminally ill over the years just to give them some relief in their final days. This “Good Samaritan” projection plays on the heart strings of nearly everyone.

My uncle doesn’t have long with us…possibly a few weeks and I have been his saving grace, my 77 year old aunt who suffers form daily pain and glaucoma is now a daily user, my mom and dad recently visited…they were extremely against it in their views…not only have i convinced them to buy stock BUT we are also in the works of establishing hemp farms in Kentucky AND they inquired me about the use of it for just all around feeling better on a daily basis.

So to answer your question there is nothing wrong with smoking weed or using it recreationaly or medically. The problem lies with those who are uneducated. CBD is a good thing though and it is slowly converting people by the thousands daily. Even if it comes from hemp and not from cannabis.

4 Likes

That is exactly how i raised my children. Nearly word for word. Anything can be an addiction. Great post.

2 Likes