When to buy to get the freshest seeds

I’m thinking around December would be a good time to purchase seeds to insure you are getting fresh seeds hopefully from the recent fall’s crop.

I’m seeing all kinds of sales going into summer and wondering if these cheap seeds are from an old crop. I would rather pay a higher price for my seeds knowing they are fresh.

Am I correct in this assumption?

1 Like

I was thinking about this the other day. Received my seeds and saw the breeder released fresh stock a day later!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCTUHLRJhKn/

I think it makes sense that seedbanks would restock their shops with seeds just before the growing season to prepare for an influx of orders?

In my case, the growing season starts in April (obviously I grow outdoor). This year I’m ignoring all the summer sales and regardless of the cost savings, for a few dollars more per seed I should get the freshest seed available late in the year. I’m ordering my seeds in December, perhaps January which gives me plenty of time to receive the seeds for planting and hopefully getting past seasons seeds.

1 Like

As they say the early bird catches the worm. My seeds are sorted for 2 months time. Good growing.