Who cuts leaves on their clones?

I believe @PreyBird1 has an ez cloner though I may be mistaken

About the leaves, I usually cut them or “palm tree” them as I’ve heard it called, in the belief that it maybe helped stop fan leaf growth and stimulate the new growth tips instead, not sure if effective or not, I just do it

There was a post recently (might have been different forum) from someone saying they had better root growth when not cutting them, but again, I don’t personally know

1 Like

In the little experience I have, I’ve found the most important thing to have when cloning is patience

2 Likes

Trimmed mine. Didn’t at first but hopeful clones are looking happier today for it.

1 Like

I run a turbo cloner. Always have it running. Change the nutrients every week. Keep it at 78 degrees. I cut my leaves also. I saw it on a cannacribs. It makes new growth cease and makes plant find nutrients and water.

4 Likes

Got this unit for cheap from my cousin and had high hopes from the way he talked about it. Glad to see the good reviews :+1:

4 Likes

Follow my link

5 Likes

I’ve ran both clipped and non clipped. I didn’t notice too much of a difference as far as rooting. both took less than a week. The reason why I was taught to clip them was mainly for space in the propagation dome. So leaves don’t over lap and can utilize more space for clones.

3 Likes

I get better air flow with them cut

2 Likes

cut, was taught to back in my employee days. a lot of growers get treated like shit btw.

3 Likes

Cut mine to help with transpiration.

2 Likes

I never cut the tips anymore… I dont see any difference from when I dont and when i do… Seems like a waste of time! I could be wrong! :joy:

I do it for air flow and makes more room in the cloner dome. Permaclone collars have an offset cuts in them so i can rotate the cuts for odd shapes and keeps clones from touching. In the canna cribs episode they used flying skulls clone dip. Helps the cuts stress. Phat panda episode #2

2 Likes

Day 4 no roots forming should I be worried?

1 Like

From what I’ve read and seen, the reason why would apparently be water uptake. Because they have no roots yet, the belief is this helps the leaves take in more moisture.

No need to worry, just needs more time. Consider say 10 days on average?

Ten days till roots pop or 10 days till ready for transplant? I’m taking my girls from veg to bloom this weekend and didn’t want my clones to be far behind.

1 Like

4 days is too soon to worry leave 7 days and check later.

1 Like

Are you running fems or do you just already know they’re female? Are you planning on flowering these clones alongside your other plants? What’s your end goal with cloning, just multiplying plants? Looking for a special one?

Lol random questions

I’m cloning from my best mothers that were feminized plants already. I plan on having these move to veg as soon as the girls in veg move to bloom

2 Likes

Yep cloning shaves off 47 days of seed to viable plant. I love to clone.

1 Like