Who cuts leaves on their clones?

Yep cloning shaves off 47 days of seed to viable plant. I love to clone.

1 Like

Cutting the leaves is to slow transpiration. They have no roots so u want them to hold as much water as possible. Some cut for other reasons but that’s the science behind it.

3 Likes

I cut them, too. Makes em easier to dip them in the clone guard.

1 Like

Whats up @atodd love that kawi.

1 Like

Day 6 and I’m getting worried. Ordering a heating pad should be here in a couple days.

Any advice @PreyBird1? Is this slow or should I leave em and be patient

No there starting to root. See the white nubs those are the beginnings root hairs soon. Whsts water temps now? Do worry some are slow rooters. Be patient.

2 Likes

Water temp is 80. I was hoping to be at this stage on day 3

Come down a little in water temp first. 78. Use small fan or bottle frozen of ice see if it helps.

1 Like

I’ll try that and keep an eye on water temp tonight. Thanks for the advice

1 Like

The cooler temps might have helped or I just needed to wait a little longer. Most of them are putting out good roots now :+1:

3 Likes

Temps are a huge deal in clone root speed. Consistently keeps temps here and you will get better clones and faster roots. The turbo cloner has a fan inside. And it makes a huge difference. Like 7 days faster difference Vs. no fan at all and ive tested up to 84 degrees and seems like 78 is the magic number.

2 Likes

image image

5 Likes

Woohoo. The longer the roots before transplant equals a more vigorus plant. I like to let the roots hit the water before i transplant. Do some testing see what you like!

2 Likes

I figure by the time the slowest one is ready to go I’ll transplant them all. Then I can see the difference in clone strength to plant strength

2 Likes