Who here uses Gaia Green amendments

Your water should be ph’ed between 5.5 to 6.5 before watering your plants. Best thing for you to do is to flush your plants a few times with distilled water, with nothing added. Then water with ph’ed water, (distilled or R/O water) then test that runoff to see what the runoff ph is.

7 Likes

Yes, I use Gaia Green solely. I do not use any other supplement other than the FlaVue terpene enhancer. You have to be very careful with adding non-organic nutrients in with organics, the whole point of organics is that it works like nature, the fungus and bacteria rich biome is very sensitive to synthetic nutrients, as they will kill off the beneficial bacteria and fungi. The fungi and bacteria are what gives a “living soil” the ability to feed your plants as they break down the raw organic nutrients into forms that your plant can absorb. I also use about three times the amount recommended, as we are growing high energy plants and trying to get the absolute most out of them. And the nutrients have to feed the plant for the entire life cycle from seed to finished flower, with just the soil in the container, I do add a flower top dress 2 weeks before flip and then two weeks after flip to give them what they need during the high energy flower cycle, but that too is organic.

Gaia Green pre mix per 10 gallon of soil (coco/Pearlite 50/50)
Makes 13.5 gal. 100% Organic mix
Worm castings 1 gal.
Azomite 1 cup 16 Tbls.
Frass 3 cups 48 Tbls. 3/1/2
Power Bloom 2 cups 32 Tbls. 2/8/4
All Purpose 2 cups 32 Tbls. 4/4/4
Compost 1 gal.
Kelp Meal 1 cup 16 Tbls.
Billions 1 Tbls
N P K
aggregate 9/13/10
Divide by 3 03/04/03 actual
At one week before flip add 1 cup per 8 gal pot Power Bloom 2/8/4
Two weeks later add 2 cups per 8 gal pot Power Bloom 2/8/4

HTH
Marty

8 Likes

Really good article. Thanks but looks like it could be everything to me. Once again I will post new pics tonight. Started a compost tea last night.
With, Three gallons of water, with 1 1/2 cups of worm castings, and two tbs Black strap molasses unsulferd, two tbs of Kelp,and two tbs of Alfalfa . Was going to give to days of brewing time. And I was hoping that it might help me with some of my problems. Or should I wait until I get a good reading of my PH ?

7 Likes

I saved this one already, thanks. But Im already into flowering now, and I have so many problems with it already, All grower era im sure. Thanks again for all the help

7 Likes

I don’t use compost tea, everything I have read about it says the ph should be neutral with a ph of 7 when cooked properly and the ph can’t be adjusted. I have also read that ph in a tea is almost impossible to get an accurate ph reading with a meter. But it can be very acidic.

6 Likes

Don’t really have any compost around here.
I want to learn how to make my own.
And im out of work so i don’t really have much on money for things. I have a bunch of things here i could try and use though.

6 Likes

I suggest not using this mix into flower, VEG only. If you’re Knee jerk response is WHY? WHY NOT? I urge you to look up and get some answers on what are the constituent adds/benefits from each component there. I could spoon feed you the answers, but what good is that? IE…what Kelp - Eklonia Maxima (Flower) Ascophyllum Nodosum (Veg) …but why. Alfalfa Why VEG only? Tip: its a chemical called Triacontanol.

8 Likes

My quick response to this is i looked it up on YouTube. And there is a guy named Mr Canucks
Who made a compost tea with these ingredients. The only one I didn’t have was bat guano . He used it for his flowering stage . I just used different brand of amendments then him all his amendments were Gaia Green. And thanks Dog for answering also it’s the Down to Earth brand amendments Kelp 1-0.1-2
And Alfalfa 2.5-0.5-2.5

7 Likes

My wife is Home today so im trying to get as many answers as possible. While she has the little ones

7 Likes

I am familiar with him, he is quality info. Run with it while you learn.
You missed my point, but that is OK. Being a new Grower, I don’t want to complicate the already complicated. What nutes (NPK) are needed in max/min, at what stages of growth. This is a supplemental Tea so its contribution is minimal in all honesty.

But a day you are up for some reading…I still urge you to look up what Benefit you get from Worm Castings, Bat Guano, BlackStrap, (I have & use the DTE brands of both those) Its Nodosum, and alfalfa is alfalfa (wait till you ferment that one - PeeeeeUUuuuU)

Organics is considerably more understanding what contributes what and when than salts on a feed schedule.

Here’s a name Clackamas Coot.
And some resources start points.

7 Likes

I appreciate it very much Dog and thanks .
Clackamacoot is a legend in the business.
I will definitely try and read this. Just hard to do much when im with the kids

7 Likes

Yes it does stink

7 Likes

Of course we all have lives…just trying to point you in the right direction, to best educate yourself…plus the questions will come from a point of challenge opposed to “What do I do?”, “How Do I Do it?”, “Can you just do it for me?”
Teach a man to fish analogy.
I too ask a lot of questions, and off those answers I ask 10 more… Ask Bob.

7 Likes

Never worry im always trying to learn. That’s why im here. Thanks . And that is the rite answer

6 Likes

This is what im seeing today. Hopefully it doesn’t completely mess all of my lady’s up. Wanted to use the tea on the 2 on the left . Going to try and use my new siphon pump and check my PH tonight . When the kids go to sleep.

7 Likes

Hey alien !
You’re getting a lot of good advice here…Just want to give you my take…

ANYTIME you see your plants exhibiting unusual symptoms (been looking great and you notice issues)
You want to immediately collect some run-off water and check pH/EC (ppm)…FIRST!

If you have high EC/ppm, you are only going to cause more problems by throwing additional nutes at it. I’ve stated it before, but when your EC gets high, you WILL have ALL KINDS OF Deficiency symptoms show up! High ppm raises osmotic pressures at a cellular level, and all the normal metabolic pathways start to break down. This is a death spiral when newer or inexperienced growes look at the nutrient deficiency photos and start making wild ass guesses…You NEED to know where you’re at quickly and nothing will tell you that faster than collecting some drainage water and looking at your pH/EC (ppm)…it really is just that simple…FWIW Bob

8 Likes

Thanks for that . Wanted to get some runoff last night but I still have water that I already bottom feed from time before. If i have to im going to shop vac that water out . And feed from top to see what i get. I love all the advice. Just wish I had more time in the day to do this. Staying up late to try and work on them
Because of the kids is really getting to me.
And then trying to remember all the good advice at midnight and beyond. I will either get it rite or not at this point. I should have just stayed with my fabric pots. It was a lot easier getting runoff. Not going to let get me anymore down. I’ve been out for about 2 months now. Sucks not having my meds

6 Likes

Understood…
I believe having a systematic approach to analyzing issues will remove a lot of anxiety, as well as build your confidence…unfounded anxiety is an excellent motivator for doing stupid shit!!

LOL, I learned this through personal experience !!!

6 Likes

I resemble that statement :laughing:. Just have to have the one thing God never gave me, patience. I will figure it out eventually. Especially with all the great people on here helping me

5 Likes

What about the soil sampling technique that Dogfart came up with @greyalien44? Should be able to get a reading like that I reckon, eventhough you’re bottom-feeding.

:v:

6 Likes