Who is getting ready for California licensing?

Looks like they won’t start issuing licenses until 2018, but here’s all of the license types that they plan to have available:
http://www.calgrowersassociation.org/licenses

Fees are still TBD. They are limiting vertical integration to an extent to reduce the chances of any one organization gaining too large a share of the market. What are your thoughts on the proposed licensing structure?

2 Likes

Interesting. Seems like they are taking a similar approach to washington’s tiers, although they’re doing four tiers instead of three.

Updated info on the proposed California licensing rules:

3 Likes

Updates on the LA draft regulations:

3 Likes

About time, I’m actually glad Cali is being so slow about bringing about legalization, such a large state means it’s going to be quite complicated.
Colorado proved how successful it could be, but every state is so different when it comes to regulation, people, etc…

2 Likes

We are fortunate in that we attained local permits. We are getting ready. We are offering people to move their products onto what I am calling the “legal highway”. Some of the shops are starting to only work with permitted distributors. If you are a cultivator or manufacturer & have a relationship with a shop but do not have a permit we can facilitate the transaction under our permits for this year and then talk about how we can help get people on the “legal highway” with their prodcutsswhen the new regs come out.

Namaste,
Angela

3 Likes

More rules updates:

3 Likes

Oh good. I was hoping deliveries would make the cut – that’ll allow for cannabis e-businesses to flourish.

4 Likes

That’s so cool. On line is crucial

3 Likes

Hey fellow Farmers, I am working through this process right now in Northern CA, in particular Sonoma County. This County is open to legal entities, but despite having an ordinance in place, is walking aimlessly down a dark hallway. At this point, my team and I are waiting patiently, hoping that our efforts and money spent isn’t a waste when it comes down to the inspection/permitting process. Fyi, licenses will be accepted July 6, 2017.

4 Likes

Good luck and hopefully the process won’t be too painful!

4 Likes

I’m so in love with deliveries!, Good stuff.

1 Like

What a nightmare.
First I have to install a 40-50K water catchment system due to being in Zone 4. Were actually a very small foot print and supply all our water now from a 1/2" Line but we have to store 20,000 gallons of Rain water.
We have to install pressurrized sprinklers instead of the halon we have now. Biometric study of lizzards, birds on and on,

We have till august 31 to get things in order its insane having 2 lawyers and a hired compliance officer and we still have no clear path.

I’ll post more when I know I meet with a Trademark lawyer next wed to try and protect names and such but I may have to do this through my clothing lines.

Miss being Black and wonder if I should actually stay that way?

Idiots

Sub

4 Likes

Hahahaha I love it. Fuck lets hope not…lets hope this thing continues to move forward and we don’t end up getting our bank accounts seized right after spending a small fortune to be legit and finally pay some taxes like a normal American citizen. I’ve said it before on here but I really hate our banking system…but I guess at some point we all conform in little ways here and there. What’s strange is to think that the day is not far away when banks will be crawling to us asking for our business… Don’t worry Sub I do not think anyone will ever consider you a conformist.

Side question: Do you think I could send you a couple gallons of URB so that in the event, that I one day meet you somewhere I can get some Jesus OG beans? Really I would like some Hells OG but I know that ain’t happenin…

Thanks for your contributions to this industry…I think your work has touched more people than anyone else in the industry probably.

Cody

1 Like

Some unsettling news for licensing in Los Angeles:
https://merryjane.com/culture/lawyer-up-limited-immunity-california-controversy-august-2017

That’s immensely irritating. LA has one of the largest cannabis scenes in California, and that’s how the city wants to treat them? That’s just sad.

1 Like

More contention, this time in SF:

I can only imagine what this will do to the already high real estate prices.

1 Like

I was in the therapeutic bodywork industry in the late 80’. In those days the profession was associated with prostitution. We were subject to the same crazy zoning laws, fear based regulations, blah blah. I have a few stories,

Until society continues to progress in it’s evolvement, I’m afraid, we just need to keep focused and move forward. The GN community is a wonderful support to this effort. Namaste

4 Likes

I hadn’t thought of the parallels with the massage industry but that is a great comparison. Once the stigma lessens then some of the zoning and licensing issues should get easier.

2 Likes

Looks like California is staffing up in preparation:

3 Likes