Wrinkles on leaves

This plant has wrinkles on its leaves… All of them seem to have it, even the newest growth. Originally I thought it was from misting the leaves and the light evaporating off water. But I have stopped misting now for a few weeks and like I said even the newest growth still has those weird wrinkles. I’ve never experienced this before & I couldn’t find anything on it when I searched through forums. Perhaps I didn’t look hard enough lol
Does anybody know what this is?

Sorry if this has already been discussed in a previous thread.

3 Likes

I think it’s just genetic expression. As long as nothing changes color I wouldn’t worry.

4 Likes

I think you could be right. It’s quite happy (I say it because I’m unsure of the sex and don’t wanna jinx myself). Always praying and beautiful healthy greens with no discolouring like you said. Interesting :thinking:

I’ve grown a few that did that. Usually seems to be linked to quick growth and maybe pushing nutes a little. No signs of burn, so I wouldn’t worry about nutes. I think she’s just going to have some nice fat leaves. :metal:

1 Like

Looking good!

2 Likes

That’s pretty cool. Now that you mention it… It is the biggest out of them all. Thanks for the input!

2 Likes

The fan leaf in the first picture looks almost identical to the fans on one of the auto strains I’ve been growing. Waves, dark green, pinched fingers and all. I’ve had some of them do it and some not. So possibly a combination of genetic expression and fast growth. The more I learn about these plants, there more I realize there’s so much more to learn. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

It’s actually a bag seed that came from some Runtz. Just incase you were wondering. Is that anywhere near the genetics of the auto you mentioned?

I kind of like how much there is to learn about them, it keeps it interesting. I’m also unknowingly teaching myself agriculture and horticulture at the same time lol it’s a win win.

4 Likes

Nowhere! :joy: So interesting how totally different plants can express so similarly, but 2 of the same strain grown from seed can differ wildly.

3 Likes

Ohh nice a Runtz strain. If you want any information on growing that strain @unknown32 hit me up. Ive been growing it for a long time. Also follow my journal for Runtz im growing 3 plants now. And some clones are in the aerocloner now.

I was going to mention. i have seen these wrinkles on the Runtz fan leaves. But yours are way more pronounced. Interesting and following.

3 Likes

its the chaos factor holmes… we all must abide.

2 Likes

The Dude abides.

3 Likes

That is because that is perfectly normal… I have had several strains grow like that, you have great color, good size on the new growth and zero evidence of stress or nute deficiency. if only they all looked that good!

2 Likes

No way! I have read over your whole thread on that grow man! That’s the reason I joined this forum. Was researching runtz grows on Google and your thread came up. Fantastic job btw those flowers looked like a seed junky Instagram post. Hoping I am able to achieve the same quality myself.

Btw did the stems of your runtz stink of lemon dank in veg? The stems are sticky too! Smells so good… like really sweet lemon candy.

3 Likes

I guess it’s kind of like how you can have a doppelganger but your brother could look completely different from you. It’s all just a big stew of genetics lol I agree, super interesting.

2 Likes

Rub the stems. If its purple yes kinda lemony- could be skunky-ish also. White phenotype smells fruity-sweet big time.

3 Likes

See the same wrinkles.

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing! I’m glad it’s normal. It also gives me another indication that I do actually have a real runtz cut. Even if it isn’t the seed it came from was some of the best smoke I’ve ever had the pleasure of trying soon excited either way.

Thanks everybody for your help and sharing your thoughts. If interested… Im going to update this thread with pictures of flowering etc. I have Runtz, GSC (Cali connection) and LA Gelato from HSO and sherbinskis Collab.

Peace

3 Likes

A little update… Tent has been scrogged for about 3 days now. (First time scrogging). Giving them another 5 days before flower. (All suggestions and criticisms are welcomed). They are going to be lollipopped and defoliated when I get my clone propagator as I want the ability to keep the genetics if I like the phenos. The brown tips on the left plant (runtz) is damage from being trained under the scrog.
Excited to see the results of this training method and to see these girls flower out.

Left - Runtz
Middle - LA Gelato
Right - GSC

Excuse my Caveman blurple Meizhi. I’m working on it lol

:v:

!

GSC Fan Leaf :four_leaf_clover:

4 Likes