Yield help needed from the pros!

Very very good. A forum of All Stars. Ahhh so nice.

Your first focus is on roots. Bigger roots, bigger fruits.

Are you uppotting? Do you start in 7 gallons?

The plant thrives at right before root bound and then transplant into bigger pots.

So start with great genetics, then lots of mycelium to create thriving biosphere in root base.

Uppot on 2nd topping.

So topping is a bit of an art. You will want to top in a way to expose lowers and lower the canopy to more bud sites.

Most think, fim first.

MrMonkey is correct. That is a lot of time.

We want to cut off a chunk.

Like if the top only allow for 2 or 3 tops, then cut it off and open it up to four. When she grows and the lowers catch up to the 4 to make 8 or more.

Youll want to perform this in a way that all the plants are the same height. That way when stretching they keep uniform.

You will repeat this 2 to 3 times in veg.

By this time you should have a canopy full of tops.

Remember to lollipop to keep all your larf or low small buds trimmed off. You want all focus on tops.

This style to look into is called schwazzing.

7 Likes

my belief also

@Slym3r that rhymes :wink:

6 Likes

Thank you Yes, I plant clones in solo cups until they are about 6-8 inches then go in 1 gal until they are about 20 inches. After that they go into a 7 gal, veg for a month and flipped.

Should I trim the roots when transplanting? I guess I need to use some kind of root bio nutes?

Im looking at your pics and the plants have massive stalks. How long were they in veg to get to this level? And what are you averaging in yield per plant? Mine are about a foot bigger when I flip but stalks and stems are a lot thinner…

6 Likes

One month veg. Hydro pushes nutes so it allows for massive growth.

Anywhere from .5 to 2.5 a plant.

5 Likes

Oh wow. so they finish at about 5ft max right?

Another thing im considering is adding peroxide or huge ass oxygen pump and boosting dissolved oxygen to 45% will this help? are my numbers right? I think this is what drives the plants in hydro so much.

6 Likes

Only roots needing trimmed would be dead or dying roots. I wouldnt worry about it in commercial. I would just throw away anything nnot performing. More time on the plant means less profits.

Stresssed or hurt plants wont produce as efficiently. So its better to cull them

5 Likes

Your in soil right?

5 Likes

promix with salts. I could drop down a container size and water more frequently to mimic hydro.

6 Likes

Height is strain dependant. And time pays a part too.

You should be 5 max, id run 3s. I just quoted a guy qp a plant min at 3 gallon in soil. With subpar lighting.

The plants are dependant on genetics and lighting. You can almost not do anything at all with the right genetics.

7 would be great outside witha long veg. 3 month veg in a 7 would get you a pound per. Easy.

3 Likes

You want to drip feed. Automation. You can feed more times a day. Allow for drying in-between fertigation.

4 Likes

Wet roots for long periods causes root rot.

4 Likes

I’m getting 4-5oz a plant right now. Have 4 under a DE light. Veg for 2 months, flip when they are 36inches or so. the finish at 48-55 inches.

Im watering every other day in the first 1/3 of flower. Then daily for middle 3rd, last third back to every other day and maybe once every 3 days in the last week.

Lollipop to keep only 5 shoots in each brand, sometimes 6 if its another branch.

My option is to drop to 5gal and water daily or keep goign with 7 gals but veg a bit longer so I get slightly bigger plant before flip

5 Likes

What is your light? 1000 w de what?

Hps or cmh?

De just means double ended

2 Likes

1000w DE HPS. I start at 600w ramp up to 1100 by day 10 and stay there until week 6. After that i dim down to 700ish.

PPFD is 700is until week 7, last two weeks drops to 550-600

5 Likes

What dissolved oxygen % should I aim for?

5 Likes

I would recommend pumice and air pots. I take a drill and put a ton of holes in my plastic pots.

What dissolved oxygen are you in reference?

4 Likes

Yes my pots are airpots like these just 7 gal https://www.hollandindustry.com/getimage/421x421/products/GRO_PRO_ROOT_zhASTER_POT_16_IN_35_LITERS-X5h.jpg

So I see that in hydro you guys run a bubble to add oxygen to the water. Some guys say you have to go crazy with it and use an oxygen meter to check dissolved oxygen % in water that you feed the roots with.

7 Likes

So about the maximum oxygen you’re going to get in water is 10 molecules oxygen/million molecules water…One airstone in a 5 gal bucket is going to easily max out your dissolved oxygen requirements…

BTW…it’s interesting that the cooler the water, the more oxygen can be dissolved in it ! Another reason why chillers are beneficial in hydro systems !!!

5 Likes

I think blue reduces stretch vs red. "Many plants grown under only red light, such as plants grown indoors under only red LEDs, have a stretched, elongated appearance; the leaves are thin and large and plants become tall. In most cases, plants grown under only red light do not have desirable growth characteristics.Generally, blue light suppresses extension growth; plants grown with blue light are usually shorter and have smaller, thicker and darker green leaves compared to plants grown without blue light "

5 Likes

Not really. Humidity depends on temp not light intensity.

6 Likes