16 Year Old Swazi Seeds

I have old seeds… when I get space and time I will see what I can get to work…lol… if I get anything…they are basically from the time I started smoking weed as I said 30-38 years ago…lol…

3 Likes

Cool @Ladithief
Let’s see what method works best. I still have alot of seeds to try and resurrect. Maybe by the time something grows, it’s spring :man_facepalming: hopefully not. But I definitely want to try and keep the genetics alive.
Happy Growing :vulcan_salute:and please tag me when you start with those seeds.

3 Likes

I have no clue the strains… the only help I will at most to be able to give is a method…lol…

2 Likes

Nice video! Very informative. Saw pest management on canncribs and was like wow. No problems. Fast forward 2 months i buy some media and bring it home and bam thrips and mites and gnats. What a shitty bag of tricks. And the micro bastards are there before you see it and its to late. I would agree also on the sacle of worst is 1. mites 2. Thrips and finally 3. fungus gnats. But all at once damn. I went full attack and got lady bugs and 3 organic types of pesticides. I also have some pyrethrin spray aerosol. And some bombs in case it ever got that bad

6 Likes

Today the fridge seeds came out after 72 hours in the fridge.

I then placed them in H2O2 solution and back into the fridge for about 1 hour.

Then they came out and went into the pressure vessel with a Kelp and sugar mix, until all the seeds dropped. I added a “beer hats” clip to clamp the pipe off after the pump has pressurized the container.

I then placed them on a layer of Vermicompost and then into the bedside cupboard on the heat mat, where all the other seeds are still chilling with nothing sprouting as yet.
Fridge Seeds

The First Batch of seeds.

The Pressure Vessel seeds.

Happy Growing :vulcan_salute:

4 Likes

No Sprouts Yet :disappointed_relieved:
Took 2 more seeds out of the first batch of seeds, due to having that white’ish mold.
So I started another 20 seeds.

I scuffed them in my matchbox scuff box for a minute or so, but a bit harder then normal.
I am using my Umya Nutrients Multi Foliar Spray as a soak.

The reason I’m using this is, it’s the only thing I have that has Gibberellic Acid in and all the other hormones ect…
From All my reading and research on old seeds. Most successful old seed germination was achieved by Gibberellic Acid solutions. So hopefully this will help.
I placed them in the pressure vessel jar. Added some foliar spray and 30ml of water. Pressurized the jar with my air pump and placed them in the bedside cupboard on the heat mat. I will be soaking them for 24 hours and then place them in paper towels into a cupboard in the kitchen.

4 Likes

Try this. Take some of the already treated seads and crack them open and discard the shells or leave half a shell put in paper towel and see if it will grow. But only do moist shelled seeds. You will know right away if there good or not. They should look full and white. I had 3 that i swear were dead and after doing this they grew?

Edit: one of these seeds i did like thats was nice and white and full and i stuck it into coco in another plant and forgot about it and it grew 4" and i found it and its still growing and its awesome.

5 Likes

Thanks for the tip @PreyBird1
That is honestly the last method left me to try and get them to sprout.

5 Likes

So the seeds had their 24 hour pressurized soak in the Umya Foliar Spray solution. Now I have placed them in some toilet paper, soaked with the solution. I placed them in a ziploc bag, blown it up and placed it on a plate in the kitchen cupboard above the stove.

Non of the other seeds on the heat mat and on the Vermicompost has sprouted :man_facepalming:

5 Likes

I checked on the seeds in the cupboard. Nothing sprouting yet. I had to change the toilet paper, to kitchen paper towel. Had to ask my neighbour’s for some kitchen paper towels :man_facepalming:
So I made a new sprouting container.

I put some water in, with a airstone. I use 1 of my small siffs to let the seeds lay in it, just above the water.

I scuffed the 20 seeds roughly for 3 minutes. When I opened the scuff box, 1 of the seeds embryo’s came out of the shell. I added it to the siff aswell.

I covered it with foil and left it on the kitchen counter.

6 Likes

Wow, you work so hard @docdre, I really wish you success!!!

Plenty of green vibes sent your way! :nerd_face:

6 Likes

Thanks @kapouic
I must tell you, the Zero success rate of the sprouting is getting to me. I just want to see something grow :disappointed_relieved:
I have tried cutting some seeds open (wet and dry), I’m just not delicate enough for that operation on such a small thing. That’s why I’m doing the methods I can get done.

6 Likes

Looks to be in preflower not an auto in that video i am so far blown away with the ilgm Afghans

2 Likes

A trick i use is to hold the seed with the end up. Between your fingers and squeeze it sideways until it pops. Keep pressure on take a tiny tool like tiny tipped tweezers a pull one half of the shell with the edge of the tweezer. Dont try and grab it. Just pull the edge of the shell. After a couple of times or seeds you will get a feel for it. I did this on a premature seed also and its growing slow as fuck because it wasnt as ready as it could have been. But it’s thriving. Take your time and try a couple. I started trying this after no luck with some seeds and smashing them open between my fingers. They were dead anyways whats it going to hurt? But I learned how hard to squeeze it to pop them open or smash them with too much pressure. I want to try some hemostats but i cant feel the pressure im applying using a tool vs my fingers.

4 Likes

Ladies And Gentlemen, Stoners and Weirdos alike…
I think we have a 16 year old young sprout…

On 420, it must be a gift.

14 Likes

Oh Yeah!!! :star_struck: :v: :+1: :+1:

@docdre , you’re the man!

7 Likes

That’s awesome man. Big plus. :+1:
Specially today. :clap::clap:

6 Likes

Congrats badass stuff @docdre… Now plant them LoL

6 Likes

Which method was use for that, @docdre? :nerd_face:

7 Likes

Wow what a historic day to be born what are we calling it now swazi420?

6 Likes