16 Year Old Swazi Seeds

So now that my clone are out of my bedside cupboard.
I decided to try and wake up some Legends.
I got these seeds when I was 17 years old and making money with some green. This Swazi flower was smuggled over the Swaziland and South African border by a friend of mine at that time. I’m talking about Insanely Spicy smelling and sweet citrus flavour Swazi, that had foot long buds and gave you energy and the giggles that lasted for a long time.

My Seed Box.

The pouch I had stored them in all this time :man_facepalming:

So Now The Resurrection Process.
I’m soaking 16 seeds in 8 different mixes.

Water
Brown Sugar Water
Hydrogen Peroxide
Fulvic Acid
Umya Multi Kelp
ExploGrow (Beneficial Organisms)
Trelmix (Micro Nutrients)
Nitrosol (Multi Nutrients)

So I placed 2 seeds in each method/mix and placed them in the bedside cupboard with the heating pad on a 2 hour On/Off cycle. I will give them 24 hours in the cupboard and then I’ll put them in paper towels and then again on the heating pad till I see taproots.

And Now The Wait Begins To See if something is still alive. If any are alive and growing, I will flower out the males, if anything grows, Just for some of you guys that would love some pollen.

22 Likes

Allright Doctor! Still working your magic I see… I am ready to watch and learn. :nerd_face:

Plenty of good vibes sent your way for a successful grow!

11 Likes

Thanks @kapouic
I’m also wishing and praying something survived and will grow. I have no idea what the best long storage would have been for the seeds. But remember, when I collected them, I had no idea, I’ll have them this long. So storage methods never popped up in my mind.

11 Likes

Def in on watching this. :+1::+1:
Super interested. Super Kool.
Best of luck with this. Blessings. :v:

10 Likes

Thanks @oldguy
Just checked up on the seeds and most of them dropped.

9 Likes

Saweet brother. :+1::+1::+1:

7 Likes

Gulp…common babies… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

7 Likes

You can do it!!! :+1::+1::+1:

9 Likes

Welcome to the GN Family @tako
Hope you learn as much as we do here.
Thanks for the good vibes.
Happy Growing :vulcan_salute:

6 Likes

All the seeds have dropped, but sadly nothing cracked yet. I have now put them in paper towels, soaked in the same solutions the seeds were soaked in.

And I put them back into the cupboard on the heating pad. On the same 2 hour On/Off cycle.
Now We Wait Again.

12 Likes

Come on @docdre. Hoping your seeds pop.

9 Likes

Here’s some interesting reading for you brother. I found this while researching a solution to help you out.
I hope you make it!

10 Likes

Dammmn that’s gonna be something mon! Gonna be a freaky sight in an awesome mystical sense.
Kind of like digging up a mummified corpse and discovering a whole new world!
Jah blesh

6 Likes

Thanks @kapouic
I have done this method now.

I have 8 different solutions including clean water.
The only difference with mine is the temp and the amount of hours soaked. I soaked 20 hours.
I have alot more of those seeds left.
I can always try these other methods after these fail to grow.

Maybe I will have to run the test 4 times (each method) to get something that grows :man_shrugging:

Things To Remember for anyone else learning from this thread.

The Storage Method according to "Proper Storage "

Link Provided by @kapouic and made easy learn able by me @docdre.
Win or Loose, Information is Key.

9 Likes

I’ve had some success with this method before.

Good luck man! :vulcan_salute:

6 Likes

Thanks @Guitarzan

So there is n 5th method I can try.
As follows, thanks to @Guitarzan link.

Also a nice DIY Project.

9 Likes

I went searching around. There is some hope for these seeds. There are other methods that has worked before sprouting old seeds.

Some of the other methods for sprouting old seeds.

Extra Info for all that want to try sprouting old seeds.

5 Likes

Migardener on youtube has a video on his channel where he shows how he revitalized 75 year old tomato seeds… only flaw is he put’s out so many videos and I am a tad bit busy… if I find time tonight at work I will try to find it and post it here in the next few days…

and yes Mi stands for Michigan… all you Detroit area people he’s in Port Huron…

5 Likes

So I decided to be proactive during the lockdown. And knowing what might come with these old seeds.
So I made a scuff box and a little pressure vessel with a glas jar. All I need to complete the pressure jar is a airstone and to connect it to my airpump. I will get the airstone the next time I go to the pet store.

I used 120 gritt sanding paper for the scuff box lining. And it was the only gritt sanding paper I could find in my garage.

7 Likes