1st indoor grow first time in FFOF is the nitrogen toxicity or am i tripping?

Uploading: 20240124_213337.heic…

my temps are between 70-80 RH is between 45-55% 24/7 shits driving me crazy… also havent feed them ANTHING and i been phing my water… between 6-6.7 each time…

3 Likes

Try and maintain between 6.5 añd 6.8 always unless the pH of the medium is out then alter to adjust that 6 is way too low and prolly cause a lockout from something being absorbed. I would soak it down slowly get runoff let some drip away and then catch some and get a reading of the pH from the pot. I’ll bet it is low pH prolly do a watering with like a 7.0ph and it should bring u up to where it needs to be. When u make the water up add 2ml cal mag to the water per gallon to keep the calmag up. It don’t look bad tho slight dark and waxy look but not bad bad.

1 Like

Once again what are you running so we can help inform you better.

We try not to just give numbers without knowing what you are running so we dont give out bad info @Mark0427

2 Likes

This is a support ticket. Copy and paste it to your thread and fill it out to the best of your abilities. The community will help with any questions you may have.

Grow Journal Check List

Seedbank:
Strain (bagseed too):
Indoor, outdoor:
Tent, Room Size:
Lighting:
Light height:
Temps (day and night):
Relative Humidity (day and night) :
Added Air (fans, portable acs, heaters, dehumidifiers) :
Ventilation:
Pot sizes:
Soil, Coco, or Dwc:
Nutrient type:
Ph numbers:
Ec and PPM:
Water Temps:
Co2:

Seed germination date:
Veg duration:
Nutrient cycles (how often feed/water):

Fill this out. It will provide many more topics to discuss in your Thread/Room. You keep all your info in the one place. Every time you post in your thread, it goes to the top of the pile and you get more interactions.

2 Likes

Seedbank: unknown
Strain (bagseed too): female was truffletini from exotic genetix i grew in my 1st out door run but got polinated by a male i had on the opposite end of the yard which was a bag seed from who knows where
Indoor, outdoor: indoor
Tent, Room Size: open back living room so like 20x20?
Lighting: i had the black dog phyto max-2 1000 but that shit was heavy as fuck so i put up the growers choice roi-680 ( my plug gave me both them for free 3 years ago :slight_smile: )
Light height:5 feet from ground its bout 2 1/2 ish from top of plants
Temps (day and night):day time temp go from 79-81 night time 70-73
Relative Humidity (day and night) :day time between40-50 night time i noticed it goes up to 55
Added Air (fans, portable acs, heaters, dehumidifiers) : i got a decent clip on fan from wall mart bout 5 feet away bout same height as the light that “oscolates??” just enough that all 9 plants get a lil wiggle when it goes by
Ventilation:none cuz its a open room and dont need to put up a tent
Pot sizes:right now some are in 1 gallon pots but im going to get more dirt legit rn so i can upgrade them the others are in 7 gallon fabric pots
Soil, Coco, or Dwc: soil fox farm ocean forest
Nutrient type:none i feed a lil cal mag 2 or 3 weeks ago havent feed em sense cuz i noticed something was off but it took a lil while to diagnoise it
Ph numbers:well i also use a liquid test the basic general hydroponics ph up down and test so it might not be accurate … it test light green - greenish yellowish so like 6 ish? i got a bs 10$ ph pen but last week i noticed its like a 1.0 off from the liquid test so i stoped using it but b4 i got ph up down i was using it and phing naturally to 6-6.8 never the exact same ph cuz thats kinda hard to do lol
Ec and PPM: none that ish got rent to pay thats why im growing!
Water Temps:never even thought of that… its in the same room in a 10 gallon container… but not under the light… so prolly 60-65ish?
Co2: family of 3 with a dog and cat so prolly enough in this lil house

Seed germination date:damn i wrote down the infor for this for the barney seeds i poped ( blue berry chese ice cream cake and glookies ) but those are doing fine but thats cuz they in a halfgallon put in pure happy frog no ocean forest but if i had to guess prolly germinated a month ago
Veg duration:bout 3 weeks
Nutrient cycles (how often feed/water):i water every 2-3 days no feed i was actually looking into nutrients to get and glad i didnt have the funds to get em cuz they clearly dont need any…

oh yeah forgot to mention so when i was trouble shooting i did try a lil test i took 2 plants and slightly flushed em and tested the runoff water shit was ORANGE ORANGE so had to be like 5 ph i didnt bother using the pen cuz i figured that ish was boso… so im thinking i should stop watering with the ph6-6,8 water and water with a 7-7,5?

3 Likes

Uploading: 20240128_095631.heic…

3 Likes

Hi @stonedftw420

I think Mark is on point here, it might be your pH needs to be increased. But it might be a good idea to check the runoff pH. There could be a number of nutrient issues happening in the soil, your leaves are dark, thick and green maybe because of too much nitrogen. That is why checking pH and ppm can be so beneficial to diagnose plant problems.

Thing is not to stress and give your plant too much, they should all bounce back and looking good anyway.

3 Likes

5.5 to 6.5 should be the range.

2 Likes

yeah the ph ofthe run off tested somewhere in the low 5’s so last 2 days i been watering with ph 6.5-7ish some of the tips were starting to burn but goddang i ant feed em anything that foxfarm really is HOT HOT lmmfao and i ant put em in it till they was a foot tall… and i mixed it 50/50 with happy frog… ish is crazy out here hopefully they get better but ima stop tripping on it 2 hard i got a closet grow thats already budding with no problems and a bag full of seeds and a few packs of barney farm seeds we gon live and learn!

3 Likes

see thats the problem with ish these days tho man to many people have conflicting ideas… first 6.0 is way to low now a 5.5is still ok? @_@ well i been watering with a ph of 7 last few days and looks like the problem has stopped getting worse havent seen much " improvment" but the fact that its not getting worse is a good sign in itself bcuz every couple days it was noticably getting worse so ima keep on not phing the tap water and hopefully it will start to improve soon

2 Likes

It’s not just a one answer question. There are several directions to look at the same time.

6.2 is where I’ve been growing in for 4 years now. In coco, hydro and soil. I’ve never stayed in top of checking run off.

I am wondering many different things though.

Your testing the ph with drops still? Its not very exacting.

Your rh is low for veg should stay in the 60s and night should be around 40s.

You dont have a fan on them?

And the plants still havent had nutes?

How much ph are having to use?

2 Likes

Sorry im watching congressional vids. Lol

2 Likes

yeah i did see that the ph target is dependent on the medium im in soil tho foxfarm happyfrog 50/50 mix with foxfarm ocean forest and yeah testing with drops bcuz i got a cheap 15$ ph pen but it seems roughly 1.0ish off from the drops im not gonna lie im poor always been my dads a drunky who wont work my mom works but she only gets 25 hrs a week i work 40 a week but i gotta pay the bills you kno 1200$ a month for mortage alone :-\ and about the RH yes its low i got a cheap 25$ humidifier from walmart but its a open living room i grow in ( im getting a tent after this grow is done 100% it was in the 20’s but now with the humidifier i got it between 45-55 luckily i do have a small fan blowing on them about the NUTES yeah nothing i was gonna buy some but i ran low on funds and b4 i got my next check i noticed this problem so i figured why give em nutes if they have nute burn? i do have cal-mag i been giving em once a week and i just bought some fox farm dry organic fertilizer ( i have another grow in my closet with a 400w light they are 25 days into flower right now ) NO problem with those plants so i gave them some fertilizer 2 days ago they look BEAUTIFUL… and ph i use man my tap water comes out between7-7.5 i WAS using about 2-3 drops of ph down ( also took a few trys of over lowering and re raising it b4 i got it down ) to get it to 6.0 ish ( also thats A GUESS bcuz im using a color coded test kit that came with the general hydro PH UPDOWN solution)
also if u have any tips on how i can raise the RH in that type of grow area in the pics or a good reliable PH pen thats not fricking 80$ + or any kind of tips id really appriciate that im really banking on getting this down so i can help aleviate the $ problem for this house…

3 Likes

3 Likes

Its looking good man. Remember if its not broken, dont fix it.

How did you calibrate the ph pen?

Humidity can be raised with pots or pans of water under the light footprint.

You can take moist rags and hang them on the fan.

You would always monitor rh at night to keep the fluctuations where you want them.

Dont fret my guy, i am a poor grower as well. Takes time to collect all the items youll want but you will!

2 Likes

Your hydrometer should be around canopy or just under it out of the direct light.

It may be fine in there when you move it.

I like to have 20 of those just in case or if want them in many places.

1 Like

i got a light greenish yellowish color on my drop test which is between 6-7 ph and my pen tested at 8.2 which it seemed good at first but after 2 months it seemed like it was off once i got the ph updown and liquid test i was like DAMN and yeah im a dumb ass tho i topped every branch on my reg bad seed plants a week b4 all this ph and nute burn came into being and man they havent grown much in last 2-3 weeks… and they look so frickin funny… i guess i learned there is such a thing as to much of a good thing LOL!

3 Likes

2 Likes

does any 1 have any ideas why the newer leaves are a bright yellow ( atleast bright compared to the super dark older leaves ) and is that a bad thing or maybe a sign the newer leaves are correcting their nitro toxicity?

1 Like