2 weeks into flowering smoking

Hey,
so my plants have been in flower stage for 2 weeks and I decided to test it and try a little bit :joy: tbh I didnt expected any major effect, but after I smoked it I really felt it. It is VERY strong. I didn’t believe it, especially when everyone on the internet said it doesn’t work.

So how come nobody is talking about it ? And what might be the explanation? I read that when you harvest early it has mostly THC, contrary to when harvesting too late when there are high levels of CBD.
Now I am considering harvesting one part much earlier xdd.

Does anyone have some experience with this ? :joy:

(this is how it looks now)
¨

@kapouic @oldguy @Ladithief

2 Likes

That’s not entirely accurate.
If you harvest early then you will experience a racier high. .
Thc is at its highest concentrations when the bud trics are all cloudy. Which is usually around the 10-14 week mark for most strains.
When the trics start to amber is when THC is degraded to CBN. . This is what helps make weed sleepy weed.
When we harvest we all try to strike a balance of clear to amber trics to suit each persons tastes. Unfortunately the plant doesn’t ripen all at the same time so this is where the personal preference comes into play.
I personally shoot for 10-20 % amber which will give me the best average over the entire plant of thc at its peak of all cloudy.
Some folks stretch the ambers to 40-50 % before they harvest.
Again personal preference.
Hope this helps a bit with things.
Stay high and be well.
:+1::v::call_me_hand:

3 Likes

I harvest some plants at various stages… but I know what I want in a high… some racy… some at prime and some at couch lock… it’s nice to have a strain in all three stages… but that is my personal preference so that is what I do…last time I smoked 2 week old bud testing a theory it sucked… it takes 7-9 days (humidity dependent) to dry enough… 3-4 weeks on a nice cure…glad it worked for you… I don’t talk about what you did as it doesn’t work for me… and trust me I grow weed that is potent and heavy yielding when extracted… that says it all about potency… how much is the yield extracted…like cooking a gram of blow… says all about potency and purity…

2 Likes

Thank you, that’s very helpful :smile: will try it differently with each plant then

1 Like

Do what you want… I have more weed than I could ever use even in a couple years with pounds coming this fall again… so do what you like not what I do…hell I have thrown a whole dried plant in a fire just because it looked like shit and sucked ass to smoke…

2 Likes

well those are my first plants, first grow experience so I will take any advice to account :smile:
to try it from different stages seems to me like the best thing to do, tho I will definitely need some advice with harvesting then :smile:

Again thanks, it would be much harder without you guys helping.

3 Likes