20 Year Old Seeds- White Widow Extreme from Amsterdam

Greetings and Salutations to my GN family. I felt like this grow needed a thread of it’s own.
Thank you to @sssportsmfg for trusting me enough to send me seeds that were 20 years old. They are Auto, and like the G-13 lore; the White Widow Extreme has a story of its own.
The pressure was on because Sports had already popped a couple to make sure I couldn’t make up any excuses.
Well 2 of the 3 are above soil, and I really think the 3rd one will be coming soon.
There have been numerous conversations here about germinating old seeds. @MrBlue germinated seeds 30 and 40 years old. @PreyBird1 has done 30 yr. old ones. Now @sssportsmfg and my self have germinated 20 year old seeds.
Now the real challenge happens. The seeds are germinated. Can I grow them successfully? That will be the final chapter to this story.
I am going to do it in front of all of you😁
Feel free to add your story, or Old Seed Grow✊

Adding this for a benchmark.
Tree Grown From 2,000-Year-Old Seed Has Reproduced | Smart ...
Back in 2012, a team of Russian scientists unearthed a cache of seeds from a prehistoric squirrel burrow that had been covered in ice. They eventually succeeded in germinating the 32,000-year-old specimens, which grew into an arctic plant closely resembling the modern narrow-leafed campion.

16 Likes

Here’s a rare pic of the grower.

16 Likes

@Jimhigh66 , great that they have popped and sure you going to grow some top vintage buds from your beans.

5 Likes

Thank you Chris! This strain grow will be different for sure. Always appreciate you checking in.
:fist:t2:

@OlyBoy, that squirrel never could get a nut.
:rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

7 Likes

Got it. Will be following along for sure…

5 Likes

Man oh man. Great thread!

4 Likes

Watching for sure! Yeehaw!
200w (2)

5 Likes

Thanks Sly, but if I don’t grow them, then it turns into a disappointing thread! :rofl::joy:
If I have you and @PreyBird1 keeping an eye out, then I will be golden…
I am just thankful we finally got @sssportsmfg on board.
He donated the seeds for this project, and could even find the thread. :flushed:
All is well growers! Now let’s grow some old seeds.
:fist:

5 Likes

Me thinks your doing great Jim , old genetics may not have the punch the newer stuff has but its such a cool thread , I would be proud to help you test the finished product out if we was closer !

5 Likes

You are one State away… Of course that 5 plus hour drive on 57 is pure hell.
I am honored to have you assist even from a distance.
Thank you @crazy1
Have a great Friday, and give a hello this AM to my Homeland.

:fist:

4 Likes

:eyes:thought I’d jump on and watch this one​:eyes:

So, its already been a day, no new pics?:grin:

4 Likes

He’s building up the anticipation…then making us beg for pics. You know how dem norther’s are!! lol.

4 Likes

I promise to get new pictures up later after I do my chores.
Momma says I have to cut the grass before I play with my grass.
Does that make sense? I hope so; if not it’s my ass. :flushed:

7 Likes

Lol that’s funny right thar I don’t care who ya r
:joy:

3 Likes

To bad they didn’t discover some 256% thc strain :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Brother, I had a dream that you made a Plunton Auto.
Would not give me the seeds until I got another tent.:flushed::pleading_face::astonished::pleading_face:
@MrBlue ,
You know I might have a problem when I start having Nightmares about this place!
:joy::rofl::joy::rofl:
@sssportsmfg and @crazy1 here is a picture update on White Widow Extreme. The 3rd one is still not popped through soil.

7 Likes

Well they sure be healthy! I think the other one will pop, give it a day or two. They are just like us, some are just slow lol… Soon they gonna look like this…

5 Likes

Sports,
You know I will not give up on it…
This was the one that had the tiny tail.
Really wish I would have left it in the water another 24.
:man_shrugging:t2: Lesson learned.
Got my pots for the Old gals today.
Doing the tall Preypotz :grin: that @PreyBird1 developed.

2 Likes

Whats up @Jimhigh66 good to see you out an about.

2 Likes

Hello prey! Was just touting your Tall Preypotz.
Hope you are well good Sir!

2 Likes