24 hours of dark before harvest

Just wondering if you keep your fan ect on in tent when you let your plant sit in dark before harvest? Chers

4 Likes

Absolutely no problem there @johnnyr1027 , it helps build the terpenes and tricomes. Just keep that airflow going.

4 Likes

Thanks Chris , good thing know!!! @chrisj :star_struck: also while drying can I leave my exhaust on? And smaller heater to get temps right?

4 Likes

Can’t think of a single reason to not keep your environmental perfect when you’re doing that.

But I am curious about the whole 24-48 hours of dark thing. Doesn’t make much sense to me, what exactly does keeping them in the dark not growing accomplish? Seriously. Not being critical, just don’t understand the reason for it.

I had always heard that (for spices) to pick at the end of the day as terpines and oils are at their peak. Why would it be the opposite for MJ?

Marty

4 Likes

Darkness just before harvest triggers a response in the plant to increase trichome and terpine production. I’ve usually put them in the dark for 24 to 48 hours before harvest. It doesn’t seem to hurt the plant and the aroma and taste seems more potent to me.

3 Likes

Well Nacho, we’re both in the show me state, and if you say it helps I’ll give it a whirl this time around lol!

Marty

3 Likes

Try it and see if it makes a difference for you. My cousin did 72 hours of darkness on a sativa strain and a couple of hits off of that plant had me awake and non functional for about 8 hours and another 4 hours of trying to walk without face planting while trying to move around.

3 Likes

Well thats all the evidence i need. Plants are very interesting living beings. I also firmly believe in moon sowing and harvesting of cannabis. There are lots of plants that should only be harvested at certain times, one we call here is spekboom ( Portulacaria afra ), should be harvested early morning for a sweeter taste rather than a bitter one in the afternoon. Lets keep on learning from eachother everyday.

1 Like