30 days in to flowering | Nitrogen deficency maybe

Hi there kind people in forum
I am a newbiew. 4th grow indoor.
I have 7 ladies in flower in 11liter pots. They are in day 26 of flowering
Some in coco-coir and some in soil (perlite mix)
I water every 4 days = 2 litres per plant with EC of ~1.7
have to x 600W HPS lights across the grow at around 60cm above canopy
Temp in grow tent is high around 29degrees but there is a fan working 24x7 (oscillation)
PH is 6.0 - 6.2. I feed organic nutrients per a schedule and add 2 teaspoons of unsulphered molasses into a 5 litre bottle. As you can see buds look great but the yellowing of the lower fan leaves and some in the middle is caused concern … could this be nitrogen deficiency?

2 Likes

Like like they could use more food. What’s your run off ppm?

1 Like

Hi there. much appreciated for your reply
I am a newbie. bare with me LOL
So when I feed I do the following:
I fill a 20litre bucket overnight.
in the morning at lights on I use a 5 Litre spray bottle
Add nutrients (base 5ml + 2ml calmag + 2ml thriver + 5ml prootz + 2 teaspons black unsuplhered molasses. I set ph 6.0. I take a EC reading which is ~1.7/1.8. Then I feed 2litre per plant (smaller plants round 1.5litres) until they runoff and runoff lands up in grey tray which runs to a tray below. When i read the runoff it is 3.0 +. Below is the schedule. I do not add sulfX or Aminoz.
What I do knmow for sure I hit the same issue in the last grow around December time.

1 Like

Sorry correction - Do use SulfX to set the Ph but not TurboX

1 Like

Some plants can take more food than others. Thats why you’ll journal your grows, to see what strains take what over time. Some take less.

1 Like

I have been growing the same strains all the 4 grows I have completed.
(Gelato Critical and some White Widdow, Purple Queen)
The same issue last grows when around 30 days, yellowing on lower middle leaves.
What corrective action should I follow?
Increase the feed to > 2.0 - 2.5 <

2 Likes

amen

30 days is too early for any plant to start using the nutes stored in the fan leaves and start yellowing. Your plants need more food. On top of that Slymer was asking about ppms, I recommend increasing your nutes until you begin to see a difference. Then back off a little.

If this were to happen around week 6 or 7, I wouldn’t change my program. Your plant will cannibalize those fan leaves (from the bottom then up) and they’ll naturally fall off. Or you’ll trim them.

Please keep posting pics in this thread (no need to start another). Tell us what you do and keep us all updated with your progress!

1 Like

Oh yeah. Keep posting here. We will help out as much as you want!

Id go to a 3 or so.

1 Like

Thank you – It amazing to know there are kind people out there.
So I did the morning feed and increase the EC to 2.6/2.7 and PH 6.1/6.2
I left out the molasses. attached pictures of the leaves closer up.
will update once I hopefully seeing a change

3 Likes

Molasses is more flower timeframe.

1 Like

You need som potassium phosphate my friend and bad what are you using for nutes and how old are they there is almost not living cell in the leaf that’s pretty crazy

4 Likes

Hi there

attached some updated pics of my grow that now looks and smells just brilliant
your advice was perfect and well received.
suddenly have green plants …

but

I have attached pic(day 3) of a new grow and panic feelings I am feeling like a parent having their 10th child
what’s new for me is I am using Coco Coir - https://www.sweetcoir.com/

we are using tap water and used a 12litre coco brick. prepared 24hours before in plan tap water ph @ ~5.8 - 6

EC of soil was ~1000 (tap water ec is ~400)
first time in this medium. I hope to have fewer bugs and bigger sweeter yields

seeds are 5 fem strains (2 of each)
6 out of 10 so far have broken ground (i may need to be patient)
been running 22/24 humidity mister on with temps around 27 and RH 67~

all 10 have been under plastic domes, and I pop them every 6 hours~
am I doing this right? soil is browny darky but not wet, but my partner calls it wet.
if I use my index finger and drill into coco, it is moist.

having fun though … thank you for the help …

3 Likes