315 CMH or 400 w Hps

Thinking about getting an extra Light out of curiosity . already ran through spectrum King, kind LeD I’m currently running Gavita 1650 LED , Was just curious on what would be a better light between these two options
any opinions or Recommendations Would be greatly appreciated ?

3 Likes

315 cmh all the way , the power saving will pay for the light in about a yr :wink: with heat reduction .and it puts out a tad more light than the 600 w a hortilux bulb does

3 Likes

I’d make the same recommendation as @hoppiefrog. The 315w CMH will do a strong 3x3 in veg, or would be great for slower growth plants or clones in a 4x4. Spectrum is great and they’re very efficient. The 315 CMH lights were actually developed as efficient horticulture lights, rather than putting a MH bulb in a HPS fixture/ballast and call it “good enough.”

4 Likes

Any recommend fixtures, I was looking at the 315 sun systems Boss and the 315 from growers choice looking for the best 315 available tho some peeps say there all the Same

2 Likes

They’re all pretty great. Just get the most efficient reflector you can. I’ve heard that the verticality mounted bulbs spread light better than the horizontal ones, but haven’t found anything to really prove that’s true. Get the right color temperature bulb for your use and let it ride.

2 Likes