8x16 Gorilla Grow Tent Op advice

Hello fellow growers,
I would like to ask your advice on a new op I’m starting. I will be using an 8x16 gorilla grow tent. I would like to use 8 600w aircooled vivosun lights in my tent. Does anyone know if these are decent lights to use for a startup? Also, I plan on using 2 ac units and 2 dehumidifiers to help cool the grow room along with intake and exhaust fans. Will this be efficient enough to cool the tent? All info would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Passion Budz

2 Likes

In my personal opinion that seams to be sufficient. Although I’ve never ran a grow that big. Could you exhaust the hot air from the lights into a different room or outside? That will help a lot with your tempature and may just have to run 1 ac unit. You would be using about 40w a sqft so that should be ok. You’d need 10 lights to achieve 50w/sqft.

1 Like

And welcome to the forum! You’ll find a lot of great professional growers here. I’m just a beginner but have been kicking ass so far.

1 Like

Thank you sleeperjunky! I really appreciate your input and welcoming. The hot air from the lights will be cycled directly outside the tent. I really want to use 1,000w lights but am afraid it will be way too hot so I’m going to start with 600w.

1 Like

Have you thought about using leds? That would help on heat and electricity.Expensive upfront, but in the long run it pays off.

2 Likes

4 HLG550’s will cover that, or 4 Rapid LED 4x4 fixtures will cover that. Timber grow lights has LED’s already assembled for you.
I have the Cree Rapid kit, grows well In a 4x4. Highly recommend it, if you can do a little wiring. Which isn’t hard. + to - .

2 Likes

I don’t think I have the funds to come up with the LEDs I want. There like a grand a piece!

4 Likes

Welcome to the GN family @passionbudz.
Hope you learn as much as we do here.
What strains are you looking at growing?
What is your growing medium or what will your growing style be?

1 Like

Let us know the tonnage of the ACs and the rate of the dehues please.
Also how are you growing (media)? This can effect how much AC and Dehumidification you need.

I might also suggest LEDs in the gorilla tents. Even with the foot height extension they give you more flexibility in the type and height of plants you can grow. You might need 8 LEDs to completely fill the room though($$$) as their coverage tends to be around 4x4. (I found these https://kingledlights.com/ but i cannot vouch for them as I have not used this brand.) LED will allow you to not vent the room which gives you the very desirable option to augment CO2.

Once you get your tent dialed in, you will be pulling down serious weight.

1 Like

I’m thinking of starting with Northern Lights and some clones from a friend of mine. I dont remember the name of the strain off the top of my head right now. But I also don’t know what’s popular right now and am open to other options. Thank you for the welcoming docdre!

1 Like

I’ll be using soil probably a 10-10-10 but not sure what kind to use yet.

1 Like

Quest thank you for the info! I’m not sure yet was tonnage the ac units will be as I’m trying to figure out what I’ll need before I purchase everything. I’ll be using g a balanced 10-10-10 soil or 20-20-20. Not sure what brand I’ll use yet though. I’m open to suggestions. LEDs are too expensive right now to purchase but I’m thinking I’ll switch in the future.

Is the NL also a clone or seed?
It has always been a strain I wanted to grow myself.
Good Luck. Will be following

The NL will be from seed.

1 Like

When do you pop beans?

1 Like

As soon as my gear is almost ready

2 Likes

Our LEDs are better equipped for that venture and we have had remarkable success with tent grows. Look at PowerTrakGrow.com. Tim Dahler is the Chief Grow Officer and can guide you thru the recipe / process. Tom

I would tell you to not use LEDs in stead look into CMH. IMHO they produce way better flowers.

Thank you for your input MK3_Pharms. Do you have any brands you reccomend?

1 Like

Sunsytem BOSS. > Sunsytem Neutron > Pretty much any other.

1 Like