8'x16'x8' Grow Room set-up ideas

Have a 8’x16’x8’ grow room. I’m new to indoor growing. Heard HID lights are the most powerful for the money.

How would you set this room up? Lights, exhaust, CO2, etc.

Let’s GO!!!

1 Like

How much money are you willing to spend on getting the room properly outfitted? You’ll need lights, CO2, air conditioning and dehumidification to get the best out of your grow.

1 Like

what’s your budget let’s start there

1 Like

You don’t need half the equipment most people reccomend. With a few questions we can tune a set up for your natural environment. Contact MK3 associated consultants for more info

1 Like

@devjyarn

That’s what I’m trying to figure out. I just want to know what kind of HID lights people would use. Growers House is telling me to go with 630 CMH.

At least two

630w CMH will do an amazing job over about 20ft². 315w CMH will kill it over about 10ft². You can get the same coverage from the same wattage with LED if you choose to go that way.

They’ll produce the same yield if you can get the same quantity of light out of it. 700+ PPFD for flowering. 500 ish in veg is ok.

You can grow with less light and have success, but peak performance happens at high light levels. You need the rest of your environment (and feeding/watering) to keep up though, or the plants fail in a spectacular way.

The AC and dehumidification can be figured out once you’ve got the growing area figured out. Veg and flower in the same space? What is the square footage for each space?

AC will be calculated on the wattage within the room. Dehumidification is calculated on the number of plants and how much they transpire in a given day.

This is a 13’x13’ room. I recommend tents with led lights in them and the strongest hps lights you can cram in.

Always go for overkill on cooling!!! Put hygrometers everywhere to help you dial in humidity and temp.

Learn to train your plants and you’ll put out superior product

Message me if you need any help

5 Likes

Clean I like that… very nice @thatoneguy

1 Like

Guys this thread is a year old…

Thats my fault lol never noticed

2 Likes

Right now just a 6 inch fan but when summer comes I’ll throw my 8” in there. Today it’s in the 30-40s down here and I don’t even keep the fan for the lights plugged in

2 Likes

You know your sending messages to those guys up there’s email. Lol.

Me sly? …

Lol leave it. Lol. Thats how these threads work.

Everytime we post on a thread we email the user

1 Like

Oh I’m clear I get 300 emails a day from this place :joy:

1 Like

No biggie. I believe these guys aren’t here anymore. Just wanted to let you know. Dev is the only one I’ve seen here lately

Cause @devjyarn is awesome! Lol

1 Like